Hello- New to forum

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Hello- New to forum

by toodles » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:41 am

Hello, I'm new the forum scene. I'm from Eugene, OR. I love to cross stitch, there isn't many people here that stitch and I haven't found many people that know what cross stitching is. I've been stitching for about 3 years now. I've mostly made small pieces as gifts for some friends and family, but nothing big. Stitching has really helped me get out of a funk (emotionally wise). I thinks that's why I love it so much.

I'm not currently working on anything at the moment, but I will be starting soon. I have a couple of birthdays coming up and I love stitching for my friends.
Last edited by toodles on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Hello- New to forum

by rcperryls » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:15 pm

:wave: Hello toodles and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! You have definitely come to the right place to find lots of cross stitch lovers. While there are a lot of us, its pretty clear that we are very spread out and not just over the US but all over the world. I think sometimes people wonder about how much I travel when I might say " A friend of mine in the UK or France or Australia or the Phillapines or Slovakia etc etc etc does some beautiful stitching" A lot of us turn to cross stitch to help us get through difficult times. I hope you will post pictures of the projects you work on. Just be warned that one of our favorite activities is to encourage and enable the accumulation of charts, stash and assorted accessories related to stitching.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Giraffe Silhouette
Leffet Papillon
mini Moonlight
Little Dreamers Tree
Others: I am My Beloved Sampler
2016 Finishes:
Hardanger Sampler
HAED Shiver Meow Timbers
BB8

by vanessanjf » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

WIP
The adoration of the kings - GK 39% completed
The light of the world- HAED 11% completed

by karen4bells » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:05 pm

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

by wendywombat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello & welcome from one of those far flung friends. :wave: I'm in SW France and I stitch to relax too....although as I'm retired how much relaxing do I 'need'??? :lol:
:roll: Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional! :lol:

LONG LIVE PUFFINS! :whoop:

by toodles » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I'm looking forward to posting and looking at some works. :D

by Squirrel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 pm

:wave: Hi "Toodles" and Welcome from me in sunny Brisbane, so glad you have joined us. :lol: Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your work.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS

Dimensions Christmas Stocking.