Dmc/kreinik

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Dmc/kreinik

by Jejeabaredes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 am

Hi i just want to ask about my thread instructions on my crosstich. It says DMC/kreinik for example, blanc/032. What thread should i use? Should i combine the dmc and kreinik?

Re: Dmc/kreinik

by Serinde » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 am

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave:

Ah, yes, Kreinik 032, which is a pearl metallic. Which variation of 032 are you using -- blending filament or #4 very fine braid?

It would seem that you are being asked to combine your white thread with the metallic -- two threads in the needle -- which is very common and leads to a very subtle sparkly result. If you have never stitched this way, there are tricks! (stop you from being driven mad).

by rcperryls » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I love the subtle sparkle that mixing Kreinik with a strand of floss gives a design. It's important to know if the design is asking for blending filament or braid. I made a mistake when I first stitched a project that called for #4 braid and used two strands of filament. Didn't have a clue that there were different types of metalic threads. It looked really pretty, but was a real pain to stitch. I hope that you will stay and show us pictures of your project. We do love pictures.

Carole
:D
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Giraffe Silhouette
Leffet Papillon
mini Moonlight
Little Dreamers Tree
Others: I am My Beloved Sampler
2016 Finishes:
Hardanger Sampler
HAED Shiver Meow Timbers
BB8

by Squirrel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi :wave: and Welcome from me too. The blending filament makes the stitch look really pretty. It is not hard to work with either. Looking forward to seeing this project.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS

Dimensions Christmas Stocking.