Hello everyone!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LadyOfTurquoise

Hello everyone!

Post by LadyOfTurquoise »

I just joined this forum and wanted to send a warm hello to all!

I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I mainly stitch indoors, but I love to stitch in natural light weather permitting! I have been stitching for many years. I enjoy pretty much all forms of needle-arts, but cross stitch is in it's own special category.

Over the years, I have accumulated an overflowing stash of fabric, beads and threads, several unfinished projects waiting to be picked up at any moment; but even as I admit this I have a smile on my face :) What can I say, I just love cross stitch!

I am looking forward to connecting with other stitchers around the world, reading about your storage solutions, and stitching stories.
http://www.TGDCharts.com" target="_blank
rcperryls

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello LadyofTurquoise and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I'm glad that you found us and from your description of having
LadyOfTurquoise wrote:overflowing stash of fabric, beads and threads, several unfinished projects waiting to be picked up at any moment; but even as I admit this I have a smile on my face :) What can I say, I just love cross stitch!
you will fit right in! Be warned that we have a tendency to encourage not just cross stitching, but the accumulation of stash. I hope you will post pictures of your work. We love pictures! What types of projects do you like to do? Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you'll be right at home here.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
LadyOfTurquoise

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I am always inspired by other stitchers' stashes; i.e. I go shopping afterwords :)

As for what I like to stitch... pretty much anything that speaks to me. My large projects include several Mirabilia designs: Damask Roses, Autumn Queen, Scent of Old Roses, all of which I kept to decorate my home with. I also stitched two Mirabilia Little Stitches (Bedtime Friends & Crescent Dreams) and Shimmering Mermaid as gifts.

One of my current UFOs is Mirabilia's "The Dreamer". While that's been hogging one of my scrolls, I finished a lot of other projects. I think my fabric choice was wrong on this one. I should have stuck with linen instead of using 18ct Aida. But I am too far in to start over. I think I might turn this into a smaller project, maybe just finish the top portion, then start over on linen. Any ideas? Image
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

Hey, another person from Washington! Hi! I'm in Olympia, we're neighbors! :)
I just joined earlier this year as well, I had no idea there were online forums for people like us. And Carole is absolutely correct... I think I've spent probably at least $150 since joining the forum in a lot of stuff I never knew I had to have. :P

Can't wait to get to know you. What you've posted above is gorgeous!! I think the 18 ct aida looks just fine. It's really your personal preference though. Picking the right fabric is most of the battle, I think. But I think what you've done is really beautiful.

Michelle
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
LadyOfTurquoise

Thank you Michelle! I am Gunay. Nice to meet you too neighbor :)

I know exactly what you mean... I come across so many things I didn't even "know" I needed! But that's half the fun isn't it?! The other half, for me at least, is coming up with creative solutions to store them so I don't forget what I bought and end up buying it again! :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave:

18ct is fairly fine, and these designs cover most of the fabric, so who's to know if it's linen or not. I think it's fine, but obviously, you'll have the final say.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me in SW France. :wave:
Sounds to me as if you'll fit Right In!! :D

We love to see Stash! Helps us to make the Right Choices!! :lol:
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello and welcome :wave:

What a beauty your project is, I use only aida so I couldn't advise you, I think it looks amazing but I also think its personal choice and you have to do whats right for you. Good Luck with whatever you choose to do :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Hello and welcome from Central Scotland.

Your work above is gorgeous.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome to the forum, hope you will enjoy being on here. I joined a few months ago & everyone is friendly. My stash has gone up too since being on here but it is wonderful to see the different types of projects members choose & you get great motivation after seeing so many beautiful & varied things :) Also other remembers help if your motivation fades for a while & they give you plenty of encouragement to keep going :)

Your current project is stunning, such beautiful colours & so neatly stitched. Look forward to seeing more or you work.

I like your name - my favourite colours is turquoise.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Serinde wrote:Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave:

18ct is fairly fine, and these designs cover most of the fabric, so who's to know if it's linen or not. I think it's fine, but obviously, you'll have the final say.
I agree!! I think it looks fantastic, but I do understand you preferring linen!!! Welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

LadyOfTurquoise

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement!

I actually feel good about continuing this unfinished project in 18ct Aida now. If I ever feel stuck again, I'll come back and read your posts to get motivated.

Glad to have found you online :)
LadyOfTurquoise

kingfisher68 wrote:
Your current project is stunning, such beautiful colours & so neatly stitched. Look forward to seeing more or you work.

I like your name - my favourite colours is turquoise.
Thank you so much! I started uploading some of my finished projects into the "Gallery". This will take some time. Also, some of my older photos are in the backups somewhere. But I will find them and upload some of the better examples of my earlier work as well.

When it comes to color I love the blue tones, turquoise in particular! It seems to me to be such a "cheerful" color! Maybe it's just me :)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi :wave: and Welcome from very warm Brisbane so pleased that you found us and others have encouraged you to continue with the beautiful Lady in Turquoise. She is gorgeous.

I love turquoise and was looking for some dress fabric in that or fresh green just recently as a counterbalance to the heat of our downunder sub-tropical summer. Didn't find any though - darn it.
I am choosing to use 18ct aida these days - at least until my cataract op - as it is easier to find the holes with aida rather than evenweave. I use linen from time to time, mostly for when I do hardanger motifs for coasters as it is easier to keep linen taut than evenweaves or aida and not as thick through either.

Looking forward to getting to know you more as time goes on.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
LadyOfTurquoise

Hello Sally,

Good luck with your surgery. I started stitching with glasses recently, it's a totally different experience. Makes it easier to see the holes though, that's for sure!

Hope you find some great dress fabric soon! Summer there, and winter in our hemisphere. We recently went through a snow storm and still have a few patches of snow here and there.

By the way, my daughter-in-law is Australian. Hope to visit there someday :)
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

I agree, turquoise is a cheerful colour. Always feel happier when wearing something of that colour. And orange too although not at the same time, of course :lol: Maybe it's just me though but they do say different colours affect a person's mood.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages