New member, hello!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LadyOfTurquoise

Re: New member, hello!

Post by LadyOfTurquoise »

What a cute project! And a warm welcome from Vancouver, Washington :)

I also just joined. And the funny thing is it was my younger son who found this forum for me :)

I run a lot of my ideas by him (we both share a passion for design!), so he is more familiar than he would like to about the DMC color line and Mill Hill bead sizes! The other day he suggested I "connect" with other cross-stitchers and within a minute held up his phone with this forum page. I was delighted :)

Cross stitching can be a lonely hobby, unless your local needlework shop has open stitch hours. Three of the nearby shops closed in the past few years here. So, connecting with stitchers online is the next best thing!
http://www.TGDCharts.com" target="_blank
isaacson72

Post by isaacson72 »

LadyOfTurquoise wrote:Three of the nearby shops closed in the past few years here. So, connecting with stitchers online is the next best thing!
Nice to meet you, neighbor!

There is a shop in Issaquah called Threadneedle Street - I was there on Saturday. They were busy, given what they sell! It's a small shop, there were maybe 6 or 7 other people in there with me. I wish there were more. For a few minutes, I toyed with the idea of opening a store in Olympia but I know nothing about business, and I don't think there's enough of a customer base to support it. My idea of the perfect store is needlepoint, books and coffee. I wonder if when I retired from being a paralegal, I opened up something like that? lol Nah. Not for me but if somebody else did that, I'd live next door & spend all day there.

Michelle
Michelle
:ratherbe:

WIP: HAED Candlestick Man (ornament)
WIP: various, never-ending, mason jar lids
LadyOfTurquoise

Post by LadyOfTurquoise »

I love visiting needlework shops! I have to check out Threadneedle Street next time we drive up that way.

One of the remaining shops in my area is "Acorns & Threads" in Beaverton, Oregon. If you're passing by, I highly recommend you stop by. Your wallet may be lighter but you'll feel a lot happier when you leave :)

Your shop idea sounds lovely with books and coffee. Although I sometimes have to tell myself not to drink coffee/tea and stitch at the same time. Had a few close calls!
http://www.TGDCharts.com" target="_blank
isaminou

Post by isaminou »

Welcome from Canada ! Your post made me laugh, about your teenager... I am a teen's mother too, so I know what you mean ! :lol:
Work in progress:

HAED Candied apples and candy corn