Hi there!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JenniferT

Hi there!

Post by JenniferT »

I'm Jennifer from Mississippi. I've been doing cross stitch off and on since I was a little girl (I'm almost 41 now). I'm picking up a piece I had long set down after only getting a few hundred stitches in. I have most of the floss, so I thought I should give it another whirl. (TWentzler's Woodland Faerie :shock: )

Unfortunately, something got on the piece I started while it was in storage and there was no salvaging it, so I'm starting from ground zero. :( I had to reorder the pattern and the fabric both.

I also ordered three kits (all fairies) that I may start on first just so I can have the thrill of triumph. I work full time and have a lot of stuff going on, so finding time to stitch is difficult. I picked up Dimensions Fall Fairy and Woodland Enchantress and a kit called "Summer Tree Fairy."

I came here to look at all the amazing WIP, and learn some techniques that I wasn't taught that may help me feel less frustrated when xstitching. Glad to be here.

(Married, have one daughter who is a senior this year for anyone who is interested. :P )
Peace out, Stitches!!

My WIP album

In the queue:
Fall Fairy and Woodland Enchantress, both Dimensions kits
Summer Tree Fairy ( not what I expected :x )
Woodland Faerie - Teresa Wenztler
rcperryls

Re: Hi there!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the forum from South Carolina! We are glad you have joined us! Sounds like you've been busy getting some really great projects to work on. TW is a favorite designer of several of our members and there are some beautiful TW projects in progress right now. She is most definitely been one of my favorites for years, even though I haven't stitched one in quite a few years. I also know that there are lots of things to learn from the forum. I know that I have learned more in the 5+ years I've been here than in the 20+ years I stitched before then. I hope that you will post pictures of your projects (I love stitching fairies and other whimsical subjects when I'm not stitching cats) for us to see. We love pictures and love encouraging and helping each other. And yes, I think it is interesting that your daughter is a senior in high school. Does she also stitch? Or get involved in other crafts when not being a busy teenager?

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: Have a look around and get to know the place -- we even have a pub! Glad you found us. :D
JenniferT

Post by JenniferT »

My daughter is not much of a crafty person. She can sew and knows the basics of knitting, and is a fairly talented artist when she takes the time. Her words: "I can draw it if I can see it, but I can't 'create' something from my imagination."

And, I doubt she would like the tedium of cross stitch.

Her grades have taken precedence over pretty much everything else, plus she is involved in her church (we don't go, but she does), plays soccer, runs track, is on student council, etc. ad nauseum. She's busy, and she gets in as much sleep as possible in her down time. She goes to work with my mom at a small upholstery shop and makes a little extra cash during school holidays.

We are going to a soccer game tonight in the rain. That should be good for the cold I feel brewing. :tantrum:
Peace out, Stitches!!

My WIP album

In the queue:
Fall Fairy and Woodland Enchantress, both Dimensions kits
Summer Tree Fairy ( not what I expected :x )
Woodland Faerie - Teresa Wenztler
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Hello & welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your work.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Jennifer and Welcome :wave: from me in very warm Brisbane. Summer has arrived early - darn it.

What a shame you had to toss your work away but good that it is now replaced and added too. Just remember that each stitch you do is 1 closer to a finish. Looking forward to cheering you on with your work - we love lots of updates.

Gosh your daughter is one busy young lady that is for sure. It seems to be that way with young ones these days. I often tell my grand children to slow down and "smell the roses" but it doesn't seem to work that way for them which is sad.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262