um Hello

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ajay

um Hello

Post by Ajay »

Hello everyone,
I suppose i should introduce myself. My name is Ajay, and I have a bad habit of having 5 to 7 projects going at once and I rotate. I do one till i get bored with it, or need to see a new colour of some sort and move on to another project I have. My mum taught my to stitch in 6th grade, and since then I've done pieces here and there. I still have my mother do my french knots because they will be the death of me i swear. No matter how many times she tells me, shows me....my brain doesn't....get it.

Currently I've reached an all time high of 10, there is one project that has been worked on for 4 years, and another for 2, most of the others are within their first year.

Can't wait to get some encouragement to finally finish and see other people's pieces !!!
If anyone uses Whatsapp, pm me to connect.

WIP
Woodland Enchantress-----She's not talking to me
Frederick The Literate-----I have upset this cat somehow
Jolly Trio Stocking-----Not ready to think of the C word yet
Frosted Pumpkin MSAL 2017
rcperryls

Re: um Hello

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Ajay and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! You have definitely come to the right place to get encouragement and to see what other stitchers are up to. We have members who pretty much stick to one project at a time, members who rotate several, and a few of us (I might be one of them who have almost too many to count going on at the same time. Whatever works for you is what counts!
I hope that you will share your projects with us. We love pictures! What types of projects do you like to do? Looking forward to getting to know you1

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

Hi! welcome! Some of us work on UFOs for the first week of the month. (Mine is stamped project. I'm going to die from poking my fingers....)

Would love to see your projects. I have 6 projects started right now. Almost done 2 of them... Have fun here!
Alanna
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your WIPs and encouraging you to complete some. Since I joined I've finished one UFO and stated to work on another UFO on the first week of eeach month than move to my WIPs.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
Midge

Post by Midge »

Hello and welcome.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me too. :wave:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Ajay and Welcome, you have definitely come to the right place. If you don't mind having a lot of projects 'hanging around' waiting to be finished you have definitely come to the right place.

I normally stitch 1 thing at a time, but sadly my big one, Angel of the Morning gets put aside far too frequently for other urgent stitching be it birthdays here sooner than expected etc etc. Poor Angel is once again lying idle whilst I get some small motifs for cards done and than a small birthday one before I can pick her up again and continue.

Please do post pics of what you are working on and we love to encourage each other to get further on with our projects. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:wave: A belated welcome from the West of Scotland! When you get fed up with a project, sashay on down to the Stash and Grab, where virtual victuals are available 24/7 and the company can be entertaining, too. Explore the galleries once you've enough posts. And we will certainly cheer you on in your stitching... variety is the spice of life! :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome to the Forum :wave:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I think you're going to fit right in here.

As for the French knots - they are not my friends, either. Several years ago I discovered the Colonial Knot - I love it. Give it a try.

http://www.needlenthread.com/2007/03/em ... ial-2.html" target="_blank
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
CavyMom

Post by CavyMom »

Hello! Welcome to the forum. You're not alone in your dislike of French knots. It was a long time before I understood you couldn't go back down into the fabric through the same hole you came up :roll: I can do them now, and I don't mind a few in a project, but I still have to do a few practice ones on scrap fabric first. A few years back, I bought a kit with a scene involving falling snow. The snow is, you guessed it, all French knots. It has yet to make it into my rotation :oops:

Looking forward to seeing what you're working on.
WIPs
Rocky Point
Frosty Snowman
Living Ocean
Faith ornament
Doreen

Post by Doreen »

Hi Ajay, and welcome, I too have a large not yet finished items I tend to get bored see something I like and start doing that.

I've learnt to be more disciplined and not start something until I have finished the last project and last week I finished a project :whoop:
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed