Another Newbie from the UK

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Silverthreads

Another Newbie from the UK

Post by Silverthreads »

Just a quick note to say hello from a dry at the moment Cumbria.

I am a new member to this forum, having found the website via ebay: I really enjoy reading about other stitchers projects, seeing their work and looking for tips.

Although I have been stitching for many many years, I still find new techniques etc quite frequently.

Happy Stitching

Lynda (Silverthreads)
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Welcome Lynda! From cold and naff Scotland... if you find summer please give it directions to us living in Scotland! lol!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Hi, welcome to the fourm from Canada (southern Ontario), we have summer at the moment but it is only going to last a couple of days :evil: then the cold front moves in. This is a great forum you will get lots of ideas and meet great stitchers Linda
Linda
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Welcome Welcome Welocme You will enjoy it here believe me. Linda What cold front i don't want to hear anything about a cold front, It is beautiful today. Right now it is 26C.

Debbie
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Sorry to burst your bubble Debbie, the weather channel( I am addicted to it) says that the temps will drop to about 15 or 16 (thats celcius for you yanks) by the weekend. Linda
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

We'd be delighted with 15 degrees C, wouldn't we girls?! If that's a cold front, send it over (currently about 13 here, though sun is out temporarily and just to tease us).

Welcome Silverthreads, BTW, to this grand forum.
Denise

Post by Denise »

Serinde wrote:We'd be delighted with 15 degrees C, wouldn't we girls?! If that's a cold front, send it over (currently about 13 here, though sun is out temporarily and just to tease us).

Welcome Silverthreads, BTW, to this grand forum.
I'm glad u said this serinde as it was just what I was about to put, 15 or 16C is usually our summer lol

Welcome silverthreads, if you don't mind me asking who or where in ebay told you about the forum?

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy it. We are all great friends and love to have a new friend join the group. Tell us your tricks and we will tell you ours.

Here in Sunny California it has been running in the High 70 low 80 I would love to have your weather. I am NOT a heat lover.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Lynda from another Linda (different spelling) from sunny Bahrain. Sorry to say that temperature wise I beat you all it has been in the low to mid 40C (can't work farenheit) recently. Only one who might beat me is Catkin who is in Dubai.

Anyway Lynda welcome to the forum, think you will find that everyone is very helpful and someone always manages to find an answer to any question posed.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Good Grief

is that a dry heat or with humidity. Forty would be over 100F Thats hot and you are just beginning the season. hope you have air conditioning???

Debbie
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

Hi there and welcome! This is, indeed, a most wonderful group of people. Everyone is friendly and helpful. For my part, it's hot here, though not as hot as in Baihran....it's only gotten up to around 27-28°C...if I send some hot weather to Scotland, can you send some of your cold here? I don't handle the heat at all...not now!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

If I could, I would; although today is lovely: nearly 15C. I've been out in the garden in a T-shirt. Balmy! :lol:
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

inuyashagirl wrote:Good Grief

is that a dry heat or with humidity. Forty would be over 100F Thats hot and you are just beginning the season. hope you have air conditioning???

Debbie
Hi Debbie

Just now no not a lot of humidity as there is always a bit of a breeze blowing.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

And welxome from me too....