Hello

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Doreen

Hello

Post by Doreen »

Hi everyone my name is Doreen and I live in a small village in Somerset UK after 35years working as a midwife I have now retired and hopefully will have plenty of time to cross stitch. I have always enjoyed crafts but cross stitching is on the top. Due to work commitments I have not done any work for many years. Can't wait to get back to it.

I would love to do a HAED but they do look rather daunting think I shall start of small to get back into the swing of things.

So pleased that I found this forum I have no one to talk to about my work my family are supportive but none really understand about my cross stitching addiction.

Looking forward to many years of cross stitching and being able to share the ups and downs with you all.

Doreen
rcperryls

Re: Hello

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Doreen and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! You have most definitely found the right place to share your addiction. Beware that we are terrible enablers and that your stash and passion for stitching will most likely increase while you are here! Many of us have joined the forum because we didn't know other cross stitchers, and now have cross stitching friends all over the globe! I hope you will post pictures of your work. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you.

As an aside, I was startled a little when I saw your name. My sister's name is Doreen and I have known no other Doreen's, ever I think. My sister doesn't stitch, though like other family members love what I do (She goes nuts over the Hardanger stitching). So an extra special welcome from me!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the forum from the dry side of the UK. Went to school in Taunton as a kid from '73 to '83, and got into a hard habit to break - living in wellies & always carrying a cagoule.

We can all sympathise with your addiction, as we're all addicts ourselves. The only thing I can say is: don't be daunted by a HaED, it's only one stitch after another, just like every other cross stitch.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place - stitcher friends from all over the world. I know no one who stitches, so this group has been fabulous for me - but expensive. Lots of enablers here. :D
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello Doreen welcome from just up the road in the North of Somerset :wave:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: I've good pals in Ilminster, though Somerset is a bit place. Visited Wells and surroundings once and fell in love with the place. Lovely.
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome from Hertfordshire :wave: So glad you have joined us. We are all totally addicted too so you have come to the right place :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

Hi and welcome from Ohio! Looking forward to seeing your projects on here, and hope that you do decide to try a HEAD. I just bought my first one, but won't start it until I'm done with Autumn Evening. Have fun with your stitching addiction. This is a support group for that, well one that supports your addiction and encourages you to increase your stash. :whoop:
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Doreen and Welcome from me too its great to have you along. I can well imagine how much you will enjoy the extra time to do your stitching and other things and I am looking forward to seeing your works of art. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Midge

Post by Midge »

Hello and welcome.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome Doreen - and I hope you will have lots of time for stitching, though judging by what my retired friends say they seem to have less time now than when they were working :-) !
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hello from me too. Now in SW France but I used to live not far north of you just outside Bristol. I'm a retired nurse and now have time to indulge in stitching. :wave:
.....mind you this Forum is adictive too so not as much of my time is spent stitching as I could :lol: