Hi from Down Under!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

BlueWings

Hi from Down Under!

Post by BlueWings »

Hi all, so glad to have found this stitchy heaven!
I am a married mum of a two year old living in rural Victoria with a variety of critters. I love my cross stitch and have been doing it on and off for quite a few years now. I am in the same boat as many on here, I don't have any stitchy friends so am pretty excited to meet you all!
I have an unhealthy obsession with buying cross stitch magazines....I have so many projects on my wish list and an embarrassing amount of WIPs, I could live two lifetimes with no kid and I still wouldn't make a dent! I'm guessing I'm not alone there either....
Currently working on an Emma Congdon piece (a papercut style silhouette) from Cross Stitcher magazine (pretty lucky with UK mags in Oz) for hubby and my 5th anniversary in October, no pressure lol. Its actually a very fun and quick stitch, getting quick results is always nice :D
So thats me, usually stitching with my little blue bird Smurf on my shoulder while my daughter naps and I should be cleaning! Looking forward to meeting you all and exploring this site. :wave:
rcperryls

Re: Hi from Down Under!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Sounds like you will fit right in here. Several of us :roll: have a few WIPs and a few projects waiting in the wings :roll:. I'm so glad that you found us because you now have a lot of stitchy friends! I hope you will post pictures of your stitching. We love pictures! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. You're going to fit right in here - lots of magazines, projects, and a stitchy friend. (Lots of us have some kind of animal companion to help us.) As for stitching when you should be cleaning - like I said, you'll fit right in (said as I notice the dust on my desk...).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi from chilly Brisbane its great that you have joined us. What part of Victoria are you in. I spent a little bit of time in Horsham at my son's home before moving to Melbourne and not Brisbane.

AS others have said you will fit right in here, most of us have more than enough stash to last 2 lifetimes of constant stitching. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
BlueWings

Post by BlueWings »

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I live in the middle of the desert, lol. Near Mildura where not much ever happens.... :neutral: Originally from the outer Western suburbs but been here for about 12 years now. The things we do for love!
Lovely to hear we are all animal people! Just a question, does anyone have any tips about avoiding sewing dog hairs into your projects? Currently I only stitch for gifts when they are outside, my projects to keep all have extra fibres of love :oops:
Now to get my flickr happening so i can show off :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I spent a couple of weeks in Mildura many years ago staying with DS & DIL before they moved to Horsham. A nice little town so I know something of the area you reside in. DS was a builder of houses at that time so I sometimes went with him out into the never never - but not quite the other side of the block stump thank goodness.

Our furry friends odd strands are speciality threads on here and we love them. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Midge

Post by Midge »

Hello and welcome from Yorkshire.
I'm another who has two doggy companions and stich with rogue hairs! Grrrr.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

Welcome! No dogs here for me to worry about. Just a cat named Buster who has learned not to come too near when I'm stitching.

It's referred to as SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy).
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ
fccs

Post by fccs »

BlueWings wrote: Just a question, does anyone have any tips about avoiding sewing dog hairs into your projects?
I gave up trying - the ones I can't pick out I just consider the embellishments. When my kids lived here, I dog sat for them five days a week - three beautiful, fluffy, sweet, cuddly Samoyeds - lots and lots of white and silver tipped additions to my stitching. Now I deal with my cat's grey fur. It's a battle I lose most of the time and I'm okay with that.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the board.

My problem is cat fur. We have 3 long hair cats and one short hair, in ginger, white & black. It's amazing how much they shed at the wrong time. Just accept it. When the wrong colour fur is visible, pull it out with tweezers.

Never been to Victoria, nor even really close, having been to Cairns QLD and its local area, Uluru and up the track to Darwin. The small areas of Australia I have seen contain the most awesome landscapes I've ever been to. Had it not been for my thermal limit being exceeded between 10am & 4pm every day in May in the desert, I would have loved to stay.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yet another belated welcome from the West of Scotland. Sounds like you have a similar "problem" to many here: SABLE (stash aquisition be young life expectancy. Oh dear! :lol: :lol:
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello and welcome from south west UK :wave:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
kandifloss

Post by kandifloss »

Hello & welcome. Hope you enjoy being on this forum & look forward to seeing your makes

Kandi :rainbow:
Kandi

There is always a rainbow somewhere in the world even If you cannot see one
So never give up hope