Hello from the bottom of Maryland

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

istitchwithlove

Hello from the bottom of Maryland

Post by istitchwithlove »

Hi I am Miranda or Randi as most call me. I am a 33 year old almost graduated Graduate student in the health care field. I have 2 small doggies an Italian Greyhound or Iggy named Mason and the love of my life my Rat Terrier named Dixie. They are my kids because life has made sure due to the medications I take that it's not a good idea to try and have a baby. So I am giving my parents Grandpups while my brother has given them a grandson.

I am a 13 craft type crafter. I have been cross stitching since I was 19 after finally being able to master the concept. I like to cross stitch any and everything that catches my eye. As a reward for finishing my Masters degree and finally being done with school I am start HAED's Map of Middle Earth. It is a retired pattern as it is no longer on the website. I discovered this board because of the grime guard tutorial.

I am a nerdy type person. I love all things Star Wars though I wish we could erase Revenge of the sith..that was too violent and real for me. I love Lord of the Rings and of course Pokemon. I was turning 13 the year that pokemon burst onto the scene and like everyone else had an impressive water and fire deck that my brother hated so much he wouldn't play with me no more. HA!!! And yes i tried pokemon go on mom's phone, but i prefer my game boy pokemon games and yes the new games and their guide have been on pre-order since release data was given too...

I am working on generation 1 of the epic pokemon cross stitch series as well. I am a hardcore SABLE and serial starter as well. I like to read but can hardly sit still long enough to get far. My Kindle Fire solved that issue and I have all of my favorites on it.

I have not been on a message board in years because in general public forums like this are not kind to the mentally ill. I have about 5-7 chemical imbalance disorders in my brain as well as crossing the board and many others. Most of my imbalances as I have grown and matures have developed from full blown clinical to just aspects now which I am very thankful. I am very high functioning. My disorders are the main reason I know so many craft types. With my aspects of ADD I get bored and need a challenge. My disorders also explain my enormous craft stash and my serial starting tendencies. But don't worry I am not a card carrying member of the crazy people brigade anymore. My therapist wonders why i see him once a week and I tell him cause you never know what will happen.

I am pretty much just a gamer and crafter. I play mario and pokemon games as well as simulation games on my Kindle with one of my besties as well as on FB. So I am not much of a gamer as i can only manage simulation and farming strategy type games. I am a master at Mario Kart however which again is one my brother would not play with me. He hates loosing to his big sister when we were growing up and as teens.

Besides pokemon I also liked Sailor Moon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Voltron from Japan as well While I have never read a marvel or DC comic book, I do enjoy comic book movies.

Well that is pretty much me in a nut shell. Sorry for the novel
Current Projects
Ink Circles Celtic Quilts: Kentucky Chain
NEN Peacock Band Sampler
Soggy Toad Creations A Tale of Two Dolphins

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

stitchhappy18

Re: Hello from the bottom of Maryland

Post by stitchhappy18 »

Welcome from California! This is a wonderful place. I look forward to seeing your stitching projects.
Lisa

Current WIPS:
PSS 12 Days of Christmas
FPS Trick or Treat
Mary Hickmott - Barn Owl
Fleur de Lys Tree
FPS National Parks

2016 Finishes

Filigree Heart
Damask Square
Wash & Pray
Finch
Needleworker
Spooked!
Midge

Post by Midge »

Hello and welcome from a very autumnal Yorkshire.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
istitchwithlove

Thanks everyone. As soon as I figure out my login credentials to Photobucket or Flikr again I will post some things. Midge I have a friend in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and me myself have been to Hertford, Hertfordshire 3 times from age 19 to 22. Beautiful country but the person I was visiting showed his true colors so I've never gone back.
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Middle Earth Map. We also have a section for posting pictures for All Other Crafts as many forum members have more than one craft they are involved with.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us - I think you'll fit right in. Lots of us do several crafts (I, however, pretty much am limited to cross stitch and crochet), many share your love of video games, and as for being nerdy and loving Star Wars - whaaat? That's makes us nerds? Does that extend to those of us who love Star Trek, too? :-) Oh, and fur babies - yep, lots of those here, too.

There are also several members for whom cross stitch and other crafts are almost like therapy, so again, you've found the right place. And since we're international, there is almost always some around.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your work (and maybe of Mason and Dixie - and ha! I just got that as I typed it out!! - as a history nerd, I'm loving it!).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Stitchin in SD

Post by Stitchin in SD »

Hello from the bottom of Southern California. I have two dogs as well, a Japanese Chin Named Einstein and a mixed breed wheaten terrier named chloe. Right Now I am working on Charistmas projects that dont take very long. I am not a huge fan of Star wars but my great nephew is. At eight years old he often hums the Storm Trooper theme and begs for Kylo Ren Lego Mini's. Welcome to the forum.
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Welcome to the forum from Central Scotland too.

I love your intro and it's good to know there's another sci-fi fan around here. One of my WIPS is Starry Night with TARDIS. (Doctor Who)

Whilst I don;t want to be an enabler (yeah right) have you seen this kit http://www.geckorouge.co.uk/gamer-nouve ... 3766-p.asp" target="_blank

I follow a blog by a lady who is stitching it and it looks fab.
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
fccs

Post by fccs »

Stitchin in SD wrote: I have two dogs as well, a Japanese Chin Named Einstein
We had Japanese Chins when I was a kid (back then they were called Japanese Spaniels) - Ming Toi and Cho Cho. My mom spoiled them rotten - I think she liked them more than us...of course, they didn't talk back much, so that might explain it. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
istitchwithlove

fccs wrote:Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us - I think you'll fit right in. Lots of us do several crafts (I, however, pretty much am limited to cross stitch and crochet), many share your love of video games, and as for being nerdy and loving Star Wars - whaaat? That's makes us nerds? Does that extend to those of us who love Star Trek, too? :-) Oh, and fur babies - yep, lots of those here, too.

There are also several members for whom cross stitch and other crafts are almost like therapy, so again, you've found the right place. And since we're international, there is almost always some around.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your work (and maybe of Mason and Dixie - and ha! I just got that as I typed it out!! - as a history nerd, I'm loving it!).

My dad is a civil war nut and during a dark period where i was self harming i was in the hospital and mom asked what could she do. My min pin died while I was in England in Nov 02. So I wanted to replace her. Big stipulation was my dad got to name my puppy. I wanted one bad enough. Well we found both at the same shop. I was dead set on a Rat Terrier and Mason happened to be there too and threw a fit trying to get out of his cage whenever me or mom walked by. Boy was my grandma steamed.. she told us just to come back with dixie, cause we knew mason was there too from the website. Anyways he wanted to name my little girl Dixon and I said no she is a girl.. so we came up with dixie.

I love the new rebooted Star Trek movies. We say the lasted the day after it released on my birthday.. BTW I was at walmart looking for jammie pants as my mom says sleeping in my clothes i wore that day wont fly anymore..HAHA..I scored a pair of star Wars and Eeyore..my mom found the star wars ones
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Stitchin in SD wrote:Hello from the bottom of Southern California. I have two dogs as well, a Japanese Chin Named Einstein and a mixed breed wheaten terrier named chloe. Right Now I am working on Charistmas projects that dont take very long. I am not a huge fan of Star wars but my great nephew is. At eight years old he often hums the Storm Trooper theme and begs for Kylo Ren Lego Mini's. Welcome to the forum.

My dad's ring tone for my mom is the Darth Vader March..she hates it when he coworkers hear it. My best friend in VA Last year lost her pure breed Wheaten to kidney disease. His name was Charlie
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

rcperryls wrote::wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Middle Earth Map. We also have a section for posting pictures for All Other Crafts as many forum members have more than one craft they are involved with.

Carole
:D
Mom told me I can't start it till Christmas day as the last day of my degree is Christmas eve at 11.59pm EST. But I am going to have the monster ready to go. Tomorrow I am making huggies for my 11x11 q snap in my pokemon, mario, and old school gray scale mario printed fabrics. I have 5 pokemon, 3 reg mario's and the cook gray scale old school new print. I might need more elastic, but I am going to deplete mom's supply first..LOL
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

istitchwithlove

Purple Patsy wrote:Welcome to the forum from Central Scotland too.

I love your intro and it's good to know there's another sci-fi fan around here. One of my WIPS is Starry Night with TARDIS. (Doctor Who)

Whilst I don;t want to be an enabler (yeah right) have you seen this kit http://www.geckorouge.co.uk/gamer-nouve ... 3766-p.asp" target="_blank" target="_blank

I follow a blog by a lady who is stitching it and it looks fab.
I discovered Sci Fi when I discovered Star Wars in 5th grade in 1995. My teacher aid brought in the movies at the end of the school year. It was love at first watch. I looked at the kit and ouch..i'd get it but funds are not so tight with school ending and I got to watch all my peeny's instead of my normal shopping addiction fueled splurges
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

BlueWings

Post by BlueWings »

Hi there from a fellow newbie! :wave:
More nerds! This is EXCELLENT - my house runs on sci-fi, comic books and video games. My daughter's name is River, bonus points if you can guess which one she is named after! Your Middle Earth map sounds awesome, looking forward to progress shots once you are able to start.
I've spent some time in Maryland, I have friends just outside Baltimore. Beautiful part of the world. I'm actually wearing my Ellicott City shirt today, coincidence!
See you around the boards! Also please feel free to message me if you are having a tough day. Mental illness aint fun (personal ongoing experience) and we all gotta stick together and support each other. I hope this forum is kinder to you than the last one. As i said, I'm only new myself but they seem like a super supportive bunch. :D
istitchwithlove

BlueWings wrote:Hi there from a fellow newbie! :wave:
More nerds! This is EXCELLENT - my house runs on sci-fi, comic books and video games. My daughter's name is River, bonus points if you can guess which one she is named after! Your Middle Earth map sounds awesome, looking forward to progress shots once you are able to start.
I've spent some time in Maryland, I have friends just outside Baltimore. Beautiful part of the world. I'm actually wearing my Ellicott City shirt today, coincidence!
See you around the boards! Also please feel free to message me if you are having a tough day. Mental illness aint fun (personal ongoing experience) and we all gotta stick together and support each other. I hope this forum is kinder to you than the last one. As i said, I'm only new myself but they seem like a super supportive bunch. :D

lol i am selective sci fi, but i love it non the less. Dragonriders of Pern up till Skies of Pern is my faves. I have some by her son but i'm ion the fence on his writing style and that fact they take place in the 3rd turn..they are kinda weird. and my fave Star Wars author is Timothy Zahn.. he created the myth of Outbound flight and I have every single SW book of his connected with it. Outbound Flight was 6 dreadnought connected together that had 50,000 people to travel into wild space and beyond to explore with the secret agenda to find a lost Jedi who was taken by the barabrian aliens that made their apperance in the New Jedi Order series. That series was barbaric and I am glad that all the Expanded Universe now has been relegated to legends since the force awaken has changed the cannon. Cannon ended with return of the Jedi and all those books before FAW came out were cannon but they anit now...

Sorry my disorders are playing up I got some news today that is help correcting a mistake I made that landed me a perjury conviction for something that was my ex's fault but I took credit for so he would not lose his job our main source of income besides my small SSI..It was an incredible idiot move on my part, but now my rights have been restored and I am filling out the paperwork for my pardon tomorrow night..i'm too emotional tonight.

I am going to load some of my work into flickr tonight. But my avatars is one of my own Biscornu designs. I made it for my quilting mom
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN

Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

Hi Randi,

You have an inspiring life story. I'm glad you have found some solace in the stitching arts. I am also a stitcher and a gamer but I prefer open world RPG like Red Dead Redemption or The Elder Scrolls. I am currently stitching a Van Gogh piece titled "Skull of a Skeleton with a Burning Ciagarette." It is quite challenging. Have a good day.

Carl
:wip:
Skull of a Skeleton with a Burning Cigarette, Van Gogh, 18ct Aida, 3 over 1.Image
istitchwithlove

Mad Max wrote:Hi Randi,

You have an inspiring life story. I'm glad you have found some solace in the stitching arts. I am also a stitcher and a gamer but I prefer open world RPG like Red Dead Redemption or The Elder Scrolls. I am currently stitching a Van Gogh piece titled "Skull of a Skeleton with a Burning Ciagarette." It is quite challenging. Have a good day.

Carl

my gaming skills are sad..i can only play pokemon, online farm games, and mario ...but mario games tend to piss me off too. I'm so bad when i would play mortal combat with my brother he'd fatality me in 5 seconds or less. Only video game I excel at that is not pokemon is Mario Kart...the computer cries when it plays me..LOL

my two most challenges pieces ever are going to be the map of middle earth and if I ever work up my nerve the Sistine Chapel book that was designed from scratch by Joanna Roberts...
Current Projects
NEN Peacock Band Sampler

Finishes
Sweet Hearts - NEN
Peacock Mandala - NEN