Hi, To all

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

maggiepie

Re: Hi, To all

Post by maggiepie »

Hi Debby, we fly into Denver, Colorado. Anywhere near you? From then we do an 18 day tour of the USA National Parks, inc. Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. Yellowstone is on Brian!s bucket list, and the Canyon is top of mine!
Hazel :whoop:
fccs

Post by fccs »

maggiepie wrote:Hi Debby, we fly into Denver, Colorado. Anywhere near you? From then we do an 18 day tour of the USA National Parks, inc. Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. Yellowstone is on Brian!s bucket list, and the Canyon is top of mine!
I am an hour north of Denver. If you're driving north on I25 toward, say, Yellowstone, you'll be driving right by me. You might need to hop off the interstate for a quick snack or something. :-)

I've never been to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon, but I've been to several National Parks in California. Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour from me, so I've been there several times.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

We went to the Grand Canyon via Route 64 just to the east of Williams (Arizona) at the end of March while on Honeymoon. Knowing that that the canyon is in a desert, we were more than a little surprised to encounter snow at the top. However, when we thought about it, it made sense. To have a hole 1 mile deep & not fill up with sea water, the top of the hole must be more than a mile up. And that makes it colder than you'd expect. It's actually 8000ft up, which makes for quite thin air too - about the same equivalent altitude as found on most Boeing aircraft. [The two Airbus A380's we've been on must have a 14,000 ft equivalent altitude and my wife needed supplemental oxygen on the flights - it was not nice seeing her keel over]

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
maggiepie

Post by maggiepie »

I'm trying to reply for the 2nd time. If this gets repeated, SORRY!
We are going to the Grand Canyon in September, so hope it will be a bit warmer then! Since we are taking a helicopter trip down the Canyon, I'm hoping oxygen will not be rquired!
Since I am scared of heights this will be a bit of a risk, but hope my life long desire to visit the Grand Canyon will overcome all fears!
Thanks Richard for your input.