Hi, To all

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

maggiepie

Hi, To all

Post by maggiepie »

Hi, I too am a "newbie" to this site, so would like to say Hello.
I am a keen cross stitcher, have been for years, in fact tend to spend too much time on it. Fortunately my husband enjoys the craft too, so he doesn't mind.
Once I find my way around this site I hope to post more.
Catch you later
karen4bells

Re: Hi, To all

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum---lots to read here and we are all looking forward to future posts from you!! We'd love to see pics of your projects!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see your work.

And if your husband does stitching as well as enjoying it, persuade him to post too.
There are a number of blokes on the forum, so he'll not be alone. Outnumbered, yes, alone, no.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
nettie

Post by nettie »

Hi Maggie lovely to meet you!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Maggie and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Take your time exploring the forum. I hope you will post pictures of your projects. We love pictures. This thread, Posting Pictures into a Thread, explains how to do that. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Welcome from another newishbie. Been on here for 3 days now ;)

Look forward to getting to know you. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Maggiepie and Welcome from me too in sunny Brisbane where thankfully so far that cold westerly wind has not arrived - yet.
Looking forward to getting to know you and your husband and seeing your works. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. How fun that both you and your husband stitch. Do you like the same types of designs or do you each have your own favorites? I hope both of you will share your work with us.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: from me in SW France where it's :sun: :hot: and a steamy 30C
My hubby doesn't stitch but he admires and pays for my passion!! :lol: He has his own hobbies which I admire but I let him pay for those too!! :wink: :D
probablynot

Post by probablynot »

Hi everyone. I'm the cross-stitching husband of Maggiepie. She suggested I ought to take a look at this forum, so here I am. Nice welcome from you all!

We're both seriously retired, so we tend to sit together and stitch when the fancy takes us. Here's a pic of one of my recently completed projects:

I do have other hobbies. I make model ships ...

and I fly kites!
Brian
Cross-stitcher since 2005. Model ship builder since 2012. Former canoeist, orienteer, astronomer, craft show organiser, secret-cult member. Currently a happy man.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello Brian and welcome to the forum!!! Thank you so much for sharing photos of your projects, they look amazing!!!! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Brian and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Thank you for showing us some of your projects. They are both wonderful and I hope you will stay around also and show us your WIPs also. We have a section for All Other Crafts and that is a perfect place to show your models. Do you fly those multiple kites that I see at the beach sometimes? Wonderful to watch as they fly.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

A man of many talents indeed :applesauce: I like the model boat. ..now that IS talent! :whoop:
I'm glad you joined us too. 8)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Brian :wave: and Welcome from me too in sunny but cool Brisbane so delighted you have joined in too.

WOW love that sailing ship - it is a beauty and great stitching too. That certainly is an interesting design on that sampler and beautifully stitched. :D :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
richardandtracy

Welcome to the forum, Brian.

I love the sampler with the house picture (somewhere in Devon/Cornwall is it?), and really envy you the time & patience to make model boats.
Out of curiosity, is that vessel built up on frames & planked or is it made with the 'bread & butter' method? From the detail of your rigging I'd more than half expect it to be done the very hard way of planking frames. Either way, it's a superb model & I really admire it.
Once upon a time I had plans to build a 36ft steel yacht, but after a rather big mortgage got in the way, I think the closest I'll get is a model of the yacht using the plans I would have used to make the full size one.

Regards,

Richard
probablynot

Post by probablynot »

Thanks for the kind replies, everyone.
My sampler was adapted from a pattern in one of the cross-stitch magazines a while back. The original pattern was 9 octagons by 9. I upped it to 10 x 10, to make room for the picture of my (mid-Wales) cottage, plus my name, and all around the border I added the names of all my children and grandchildren (14).
Richard, yes, the model is a plank-on-frame model. It's the Halve Maen (Half Moon), Capt Hudson's ship.
We'll probably be posting pictures of our other cross-stitchery in due course. And I'll have a look at the 'other hobbies' section of this forum too.
Brian
Cross-stitcher since 2005. Model ship builder since 2012. Former canoeist, orienteer, astronomer, craft show organiser, secret-cult member. Currently a happy man.
richardandtracy

With the name.. I think I've identified it as the Corel model kit.

Most impressive. Hard to do, but really impressive finished vessel. The Corel kits look to be amongst the best. If I weren't in the position of not needing any more to do, I'd have one of the Mantua models, the 'President' frigate. However I already have enough cross stitch projects to take me into 2020 and don't need any more!

Regards,

Richard
fccs

Post by fccs »

Wow, your stitched piece is stunning and the ship - again, wow! Do you focus on just one project until it's finished, or do you bounce back and forth between stitching and ship building?

P.S. Isn't retirement wonderful?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
maggiepie

Hi, To all

Post by maggiepie »

Thanks to all who have welcomed me and my husband Brian, to this site.
I am delighted that everyone is so active and that we are members of a global group.
WE live in the wilds of Wales, but actually have a holiday booked to the USA in september.
I am not so handy at this computer lark, so am hoping to rely on my other half to show me how to post a picture here.
As soon as he does, I'll put my latest finished project on.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Where in the US will you be visiting?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends