Help please - missing threads!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Lillicent

Help please - missing threads!

Post by Lillicent »

Hi
I really need your help.... I am trying to finish a Winnie The Pooh Honey Bee Birth Sampler, which was started by my Sister who passed away in April. Unfortunately there isn't enough left of the darker purple border outline or the cream background to finish it as I promised. Are there any DMC colours which would match? I cant find any numbers on the chart and the company that made it are no longer trading. I appreciate your help!
:ratherbe: :wub:
'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Father. Prepare to die.'
rcperryls

Re: Help please - missing threads!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Lillicent and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I am sorry to hear about your sister. How wonderful of you to complete the project. That will make it a very special gift for the recipient!

You can find and download for free the color chart of DMC Embroidery Floss at the DMC USA web site. Click on the link for colors and the chart will be available. This will help you determine a close color. There also used to be a card that had actual samples of thread which allowed for better matching, but I couldn't find where it is available, if there is one available now. If you can't match the color exactly you might be able to find a better match with an Anchor or other brand of cotton floss.

I hope that you will stay with us and post pictures of the sampler and any other projects you are working on. We love pictures!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

The easiest thing to do would be to bring the partially completed sampler to wherever you purchase your floss. Lay the floss skeins down on your sampler and see what color matches. Let us know if you find a match.
Lillicent

Post by Lillicent »

:ratherbe:
Thank you both! I will visit my favourite craft shop and take it with me to hopefully get a close match ☺
:ratherbe: :wub:
'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Father. Prepare to die.'