Hello

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rahlsdaisy

Hello

Post by rahlsdaisy »

Hiya my name is megan 28 from scotland, joined because I decided I needed somthing to take my mind away from work and life cross stitch was a love when I was younger and it's be nice getting back into it. Ive completed a few little pieces but this is my first big project only to be stuck before I even start. I am stuck as always stitched with 2 strands unless lining. But this has confusd me if any of you can explain that would he great.

rcperryls

Re: Hello

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Megan and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I think I have an idea of what your color key is telling you.
rahlsdaisy wrote:this is my first big project only to be stuck before I even start. I am stuck as always stitched with 2 strands unless lining. But this has confusd me if any of you can explain that would he great.

It looks to me that this pattern uses blended thread at least for some of the stitches. The reason there are two colors listed, for example for the symbol 3 means that you should use one strand of each of the listed colors to make your cross stitch in that square. I'm pretty sure the (1) in the box where the symbol is, is telling you 1 strand. The box that lists two symbols for the same combination is because the first one S is a full cross stitch and the second one H is a Half cross stitch.
Hope this helps and hope that you will stay and show us pictures of your progress on this project! Combining colors makes beautiful detailed pieces.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

The key looks like the ones I've seen when doing Dimensions kits and Carole is correct in her interpretation. Dimensions uses a lot of blended needles and half stitches.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
kandifloss

Post by kandifloss »

I agree. Done a few Dimensions over the years & they usually have combine colours. As has been said, some in full cross stitch & others in half cross stitch. I usually read twice the details of how to stitch the kit which comes with it to make sure I understand it. Also to be on the safe side & get the symbol meanings right in my head for when I get to do them. I check several times when stitching combined threads as it is easy to get muddled :?

Forgot to say Hello & Welcome. I've only recently joined.

Kandi :rainbow:
Kandi

There is always a rainbow somewhere in the world even If you cannot see one
So never give up hope