Hello fellow stitchers

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

She11ygirl

Hello fellow stitchers

Post by She11ygirl »

Good day all. I am Shelly and live in Pennsylvania. I have been stitching for 30+years with a few years off to pursue raising of kids who were running off with all the threads.

I am very lucky to still have a Local Needlework Shop in my area, that I frequent more than I should according to my husband.

Currently I have, ahem, a few item in progress the larger projects:
1. Dogwood Lace by Rosewood Manor - main project at moment. Just shy of 2 pages to finish. Using Waterlilies silk floss by Caron in Cardinal 219 on white 28 ct cashel linen.
2. On Prudence by Paulette Stewart with Plum Street Sampler. Stitching on some 36 count natural colored linen (can not think of the specifics of this) using the Weeks Dye Works and The Gentle Art floss
3. Santa's Magic by Mirabilia on linen recommend - In progress for the 2nd time. 1st time was about 3/4's done when it was put away to keep a child in the "lets color on every surface when mom turns her head away. Somehow the stitched linen disappeared but the pattern and floss appeared. As I want to make sure we support the designers and the LNS I purchased a 2nd copy. Restarted and working on it every few weeks.
4. In The Arms Of An Angel by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum on a hand dyed 32 count blue linen that looks like the angel will be walking in the clouds. Using threads called for. This is a project that was started as a way to work through my grief after my Granddaughter passed away shortly after birth. It has turned into a project that now includes my Grandson who also passed away a few days after birth. This is a project I work on near the anniversaries of their deaths.

There are 3 projects ready to start as soon as one of the above projects are completed.
1. Happy Butterfly by Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks. Linen is still being debated on, but will be stitched using Cressent Colours Apple Fritter, Weeks Dye Works Emma's Pink, and Classic Colorworks Spun Sugar. Being made for the youngest Granddaughter's room, which is why the linen is being debated on. Plans are to do the other butterfly from designer for her room room.

2. Shepherd's Hill by Shepherd's Bush. Kit purchased. To go in my craft room that is being redone at moment.

3. Tempest by Michele Sayetta, artwork by Waterhouse from Heaven and Earth Designs. Fabric purchased. Still gathering the flosses as it has 119 colors.
I also knit, spin, sew, quilt, cook, bake, weave a little, and dabble in bobbin lace.

Hope to learn and enjoy all of the mutual love of Cross stitch.
rcperryls

Re: Hello fellow stitchers

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Shelly and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! You have quite a good variety of projects there and I hope that you will post pictures for us to see them and watch you progress to the finish! Working on all of those and the other crafts you mentioned must keep you very busy! You have definitely found the right place to share your love of stitching.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What a wonderful group of projects (tho so sorry for the reasons behind some), and I look forward to seeing pictures of them. We on the forum pride ourselves in cheering on stitches, while sitting on the magic bench (now padded, mercifully) with :tea: or :coffee: (and occasionally :wine:), so start a thread in the SAL section. You will also have noticed we have a pub, the Stash & Grab, as well as a clinic -- St Cross Stitchers. The S&G makes the best hot chocolate in the cybersphere, I'm reliably told.

Make yourself at home! And welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave:

(And weaving... did you mention weaving...?)
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!! You have some very nice projects that you are working on and I do look forward to seeing pictures of updates on them!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Shelley :wave: and Welcome from me in (now) sunny Brisbane it is great that you have joined us.

What a wonderful collection of stitching you have on the go and I love the idea of your stitching on the very sad deaths of your grandchildren - a lovely way to especially remember them. My goodness what a vast array of crafts you do and I see bobbin lace is amongst the list.
I learnt Torchon bobbin lace some years ago and loved it nad have bought my bobbins over to Aus when I moved but have yet to find time to make another 'pillow' and get busy. :D

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your work too. We do have a thread for Any Other Crafts where you can show progress on your other works of art too.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. With all those WIPs, you'll fit right in here. :-) Please share pictures - we love to see what our forum friends are stitching.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Welcome to the forum. What wonderful projects, hope you send us photos we love photos. :wave:
She11ygirl

Post by She11ygirl »

Thank you all for the wonderful warm welcomes from around the world! So great to find others who love the beautiful stitching.
I am the eldest in a family of 6 children. It is funny how although we have all been raised the same each of us has a talent separate from the others. My preference has always been to fiber and needle arts. This got fueled one year when 2 of my younger sisters purchased a pattern (Emmitt Kelly Jr. "Tears") fabric and floss then handed it to me to "do this by our mothers birthday- it's only in 2 weeks. We know you can do this..." .
Ahem, 2 years later I finished it and not knowing any better put it on a (gasp) sticky mat board with a thin frame.
It hung in my parents home for years but was taken down one time and not put back up. While helping my Mother to re organize her sewing room I found the piece up above a cabinet. Knowing the framing tips I do now, I decided to reframe it for my parents.
After a quick stop at my Local Needlework Shop to get some mats and a new frame I headed home to reframe it. A quick wash with some Orvis Paste and cool water, allowed to dry and a gentil press I reframed it.
When I took it back to my parents house, my Dad asked if I had done a different one as a surprise. The white mat just inside the red makes his nose just "pop".

Will share more pictures of the projects.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh he is fabulous and what a beaut frame. I can understand that it took you 2 years to stitch too there is a lot of detail there. Thank you for sharing this and the lovely story with it. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
She11ygirl

Post by She11ygirl »

Thank you so much Squirrel, it was my first real piece.
I see you are working on the Angel of the Morning, a dear friend did that piece, it's a stunning piece. One of many on my to do list.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from SW France...you certainly have some diverse subject to stitch! :D