other forum

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lillybit

other forum

Post by lillybit »

I wonder if anyone ever used the New Stitches Forum ? Being a computer illiterate I found that site easier to navigate than most but today it post Not Available so it looks like it may have been killed. Any information anyone ? posted from a cold New Zealand Winter morning :ratherbe:
Squirrel

Re: other forum

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Lilybit, sorry I have no idea about the site you are asking about but I am sure someone will know. What part of NZ do you live in please - sounds like it is the South Island if it is" a cold winter morning"? I originally come from Christchurch but moved to Aus to be nearer family 10 years ago. I was recently back in ChCh and even as far south as Queenstown, Arrowtown and Wanaka - great tobe amongst my mountains. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

I live in Whanganui - I think we may have been in contact before
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

Could Serinde and Wendy Wombat PM me on my Facebook page - it would be so sad to lose contact after so many years Reply here if you need to know my full name
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hi Lillybit!!

I found the same thing....I wondered if it had gone belly up.

I don't have facebook but I've sent you a P/m on this site ...look at the top of the page and it'll tell you that you have a message. click on that and then you will find a message with my email and details.

I wouldn't want to lose you either!!! :hug:
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

I saw WWs reply and thankfully noted her email because I've since lost it and every effort to find it again has taken me to yet another place - told you I was computer stupid - you want to see what happens if i cut loose with a cell phone !!!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Sent you and WW a pm. Seems so sad to have lost the NS forum, although I guess it was only a matter of time. :tantrum:

Perhaps we should set up a group --- open to all New Stitches readers now bereft! :boohoo:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I've contacted Stitch Direct, the partner site, asking if they can help the Refugees from New Stitches.

Sad though it is I think that after the demise of the New Stitches publication we've been hanging on by a thread since and it was inevitable that it went belly up! :doh:
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

Hi, Wendy. I have registered. Thanks for the info.
BTW, does one have to login every time one wants to reply or post?
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Once you've logged in then you can reply to any post you want. Look out at the top of the page for messages to you and you can also see what new messages are up since you last logged on. If you just want a quick look without logging in then you can see active Posts, but to reply to anything then you must log in.

There are lots of different sections on the index page too. Best to surf around a bit just to get the feel of it all. :)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Brigitte wrote:Hi, Wendy. I have registered. Thanks for the info.
BTW, does one have to login every time one wants to reply or post?
Hi there! So glad you found us. There are so many super friendly people here on the forum from all over the world that I'm sure you'll find your feet without too much trouble. Start a thread in the welcome section and introduce yourself!

Once you have 10 posts you can look at the galleries, and set up your own if you've a mind to.

We also, this being a slightly bigger forum, have a pub -- the Stash & Grab -- connected by a revolving door to our hospital (St Cross Stitchers). There is also a treehouse in the garden by the loch. :P
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

We also have a virtual couch which we can pull up to watch someone doing a design which 'speaks' to us individually - very comfortable it is too. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lillybit

Post by lillybit »

I'm still not comfortable navigating this site so don't come in as Often as I did the old one but still stitching but over recent weeks mostly quilting rushing to get a project complete by August 6th - Success !
I was delighted to see Brigette come in hereand would love to PM to get her addy.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Anytime you have a question about navigating through our forum, please don't hesitate to ask us. I asked questions about everything I'm sure, from what different icons meant to how to add links. Please don't stay away because you aren't sure of how to move around here. And also feel free to pm me or one of the other mods (Serinde, karen4bells), or some of the members you were also in your previous group. I am sure they will help. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker