Hello from Hillsboro, Oregon!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ChristineHinderer

Hello from Hillsboro, Oregon!

Post by ChristineHinderer »

Hello! My name is Christine and cross stitching and crafting a very important parts of my life.

Right now I am working on a large summer sampler for my own home. This project is often put on hold. I am getting ready to set it aside to start work on birth records. Our family is expecting two new babies - one in August and one in September - and we have only just found out they will both be boys. I will be the Auntie to two nephews! The parents wanted to wait to choose themes and colors so I am only just getting started on those projects.

Life events like births and weddings keep me busy! Also baby's first Christmas ornaments.

When the parents of the August baby wanted a nautical theme I was able to find lots of options. They liked three samplers from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts the best. One had lots of shells. One had tropical fish. One had a great rope border with a compass at the top (there is a ship in the middle but they didn't like that very much). I have blended bits of all three into a custom birth record for the August baby.

The September baby will have dinosaurs! I haven't figured that design out just yet. I did find a Hickory Hollow pamphlet that has dinosaurs but I haven't had a proper search through my patterns. I just remembered the pamphlet because my mom stitched a nameplate for my brother.

Last week I worked on a design that has Santa Claus as the king of hearts. I made the chart. It is 5"x7" and I would like to stitch it and finish it before Christmas.

I don't think my summer sampler will be finished before fall. I will try to work towards summer 2017. That is the nice thing about the seasons. The keep coming!

I am so busy and that makes me happy. I feel I am useful and creative.

I have rambled a bit. Nice to meet you! All of you! I hope you feel useful, creative and happy too!

Christine

P.S. I have found you on Facebook! I don't know what the rules are exactly. I keep an album each year with all my handiwork. Has anyone ever introduced themselves on the Facebook page?
karen4bells

Re: Hello from Hillsboro, Oregon!

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!! It sounds like you are definitely busy with stitching--we'd love to see pictures of your projects!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the still sunny West of Scotland! :wave:

You sure sound busy -- themed babies is a new one for me! About Facebook, I don't actually know, as I'm not a Facebooker. I hope not, really, because the real action is (I suspect) here when online. :wip:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Sounds like you have lots of projects to work on and they sound great! I hope you will post pictures of them. We love pictures! Like Serinde, I don't "do" Facebook except for a very very few times during the year if I have to, and I also think (hope) this is where our forum action is. If you have any questions about how to navigate here or about anything else, don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. Boy, you're busy! I hope you'll share pictures of your work.

I'm hoping to get up to Oregon soon. I have friends in Portland (they just moved from Beaverton) and my sister is in Salem. I've not been to your lovely state for a very long time.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Christine and Welcome from a chilly Brisbane where the sun is gradually warming us up. Great that you have joined us.

Love the idea of themes for baby samplers and they are going to keep you busy that is for sure and then when they are done it will be time to get the Christmas ornaments done.

I too love to keep as busy as I can with stitching knitting (in the cooler months) etc. Once I finish my current project I too will be doing a baby birth notice for my first great grand daughter. My step grand daughter is due in late August or early September so I need to get a move on.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
ChristineHinderer

Post by ChristineHinderer »

I will be happy to share pictures on this forum and on Facebook but I need to and be active on the forum before I can use the gallery. I will share as photos as soon as I can.

I noticed a place to write about how I got started stitching. I will look at the forum and find places to get started. If there are any good places for a newbie to visit please let me know.

Thanks!

Christine
Christine

*WIP*
Summertime Sampler
August Nephew Birth Record - Nautical
September Nephew Birth Record - Dinosaurs

*COMPLETE*
Santa Claus, King of Hearts - June 2016

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristineHinderer
fiddler