Hello!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

fgalvez

Hello!

Post by fgalvez »

Hi! My name is Frankie and I am a new cross stitcher. I started teaching myself with a book and youtube. I wanted to make my kids a stocking for christmas and have completed a few mini projects for practice. I have a few questions and was hoping to get some help from all the pros on this site!
Thanks!
karen4bells

Re: Hello!

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello Frankie and welcome to the forum!! It's good to have you here and I'm sure that our forum members will be able to assist you with your questions!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Frankie and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! and welcome to Cross Stitching. It is a wonderful, fun, creative and be warned a potentially addictive activity. We have a great thread in our Tips and Tricks section called Suggestions for a Newbie which is filled with all kinds of info. That whole section has lots of hints and tips. We also have a Glossary which not only provides info and definitions of general cross stitch terms but will explain some of the abbreviations and slang that we use. I have found the glossary to be an amazing resource. Feel free to ask whatever questions you have. Someone will either know the answer or have a very good idea of where to go to find the answer. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: We also have The Best Stocking Finishing Tutorial EVER! We love to help, no question is too silly, and we will cheer you on! :dance:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome from Kent in the bottom right corner of England.

Just one thing, don't accuse many of us of being pro's! I think many, even most, of us joined for the same reason as you seem to have done. We wanted, and still want, to get better and more proficient at this craft. So, ask away, no question is too daft (probably!), and who knows where it may lead you. Just remember that we are probably amongst the most dangerous people you're likely to meet - facilitators who could cause you to ignore your family, waste all your money and drag you deeper and deeper into arcane knowledge. And there is a chance we might tease you once in a while too.

Have fun & join in.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Frankie and Welcome from me in slightly cooler Brisbane, so glad you have joined us. Ask away and I am sure that someone will know the answer to the problem. I love your idea of starting with small things before launching into the Christmas stockings. My daughter and I first started our cross stitching with little Christmas card motifs we saw in a shop and whilst Jenny has laid it aside I am still stitching 30+ years later.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fgalvez

Post by fgalvez »

karen4bells wrote::wave: Hello Frankie and welcome to the forum!! It's good to have you here and I'm sure that our forum members will be able to assist you with your questions!!!
Thanks so much! I've already received several replies to my question and read some very helpful topics. Looking forward to getting to know many of you!
Thanks!
Frankie
fgalvez

Post by fgalvez »

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!!! Great senses of humor you all have too. I'm located in Tucson, AZ and am definitely a newbie. I will check out the newbie section right away! I appreciate any wisdom you can pass along and look forward to becoming more proficient at this awesome craft.
Frankie
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll share your work with us.

I've done about 11 Christmas stocking for family and friends, and will be doing another this year. They are a lot of fun.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Hello & welcome form North Wales. You will get lots of help from members & I look forward to seeing your projects on here :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
fgalvez

Post by fgalvez »

rcperryls wrote::wave: Hi Frankie and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! and welcome to Cross Stitching. It is a wonderful, fun, creative and be warned a potentially addictive activity. We have a great thread in our Tips and Tricks section called Suggestions for a Newbie which is filled with all kinds of info. That whole section has lots of hints and tips. We also have a Glossary which not only provides info and definitions of general cross stitch terms but will explain some of the abbreviations and slang that we use. I have found the glossary to be an amazing resource. Feel free to ask whatever questions you have. Someone will either know the answer or have a very good idea of where to go to find the answer. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
Thank you for the links. I've gone through and picked up some good tips and terminology!
fgalvez

Post by fgalvez »

fccs wrote:Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll share your work with us.

I've done about 11 Christmas stocking for family and friends, and will be doing another this year. They are a lot of fun.
Awesome! I will definitely share! I'm enjoying working on it and don't even mind yet how slow I am. I'm sure as it gets closer to Christmas I will begin to care more about my speed....
fgalvez

Post by fgalvez »

Serinde wrote:Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: We also have The Best Stocking Finishing Tutorial EVER! We love to help, no question is too silly, and we will cheer you on! :dance:
Thank you so much!
Where can I find the tutorial?
Thanks in advance!
fgalvez

Post by fgalvez »

lavenderbee wrote:Hello & welcome form North Wales. You will get lots of help from members & I look forward to seeing your projects on here :D
Hello!
From the Sonoran desert!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fgalvez wrote:Where can I find the tutorial?
Finishing a Christmas Stocking Tutorial is in the Tips and Techniquessection. This is a section definitely worth checking out with lots of information. Will answer questions you didn't know you had. At least it has for me. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the stockings as you work on them.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Starlet83

Post by Starlet83 »

Thanks for this!