Question from a newbie?

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Peachybabe

Question from a newbie?

Post by Peachybabe »

Hi --

I'm a new member, a friend from another website told me about this place and I'm so glad she did! Have been reading many of your posts but today is my first time posting here myself.

I have a :?: I have several pictures of different crosstitch projects that I have completed that I would love to post in my gallery but when I try to do that, it tells me the size of the file is too large. Does anybody know how I can make them smaller? I've been trying to figure it out but no luck so far.

This is a great place and I hope to spend a lot of time here!!

Ann
Ann
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi and welcome.

Yes I can help as i had the same probelm, Im also not very good with technology, so needed easy step by step instructions.

If you go to the 'general' section, have a look under a posting called 'gallery help'. This is where I asked for help, and Alex provided a site that has a free download program that automatically resizes your pics. I, and many others have been using it since then, and trust me, if i found it easy to use, then it is.

Alex explains in his posting what settings to use etc.

Hope to see your pics really soon!

Sue
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome peachie, the pixresizer is a great download, I have been using it on so many things and it is dead easy to use. Linda
Linda
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi Peachy

glad you are enjoying this forum, much nicer then the other one. I agree with mauveme and i use the pixresizer to get my pics the right size to put in the gallery

Debbie
Peachybabe

Post by Peachybabe »

Thanks for your help!

I wasn't able to download pizresizer (for some reason it wouldn't download without errors -- I tried a couple of times) but I was able to download a program called Picasa that does the same thing, was able to figure it out last night, and added a bunch of pics to my gallery.........have some more I want to add as soon as I get time.

some of the pics look kinda funny in my gallery until you click on them to enlarge them and then the color and all is just great.......?????? Oh well it's the best I can do for now!!

And yes Debbie thanks for pointing me in the direction of this forum, it's great!!

Ann
Ann
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Hi Peachy, I just looked at your gallery pics, lovely work, I think I see a theme forming, but I could be wrong. :idea: :lol: Linda
Linda