Hello from Russia

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Tesha

Hello from Russia

Post by Tesha »

Hi, dear stitchers :P
I wish I could say that I'm a student or an editor from Russia (Moscow) as I used to say, but actually now I bring up a child (she is 2 years old) and don't have another job except keeping a house and menaging studies of my little fidget. I started stitching not so long ago and had no time to heap friends and relatives with stitched presents but I hope that the life will be long enough and who knows... :wink:
I wish to find new friends here and the cosy little gathering :roll:
Pleased to meet you!
A word is dead when it is said, some say.
I say it just begins to live that day.
Dickinson E.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Hello!

Bringing up a child is probably more of a job than being an editor! Not that I would know... as I've never had a human child, nor been an editor! lol!

Myself... I am a "kept" woman at the moment. I hate the word unemployed, and feel that it doesn't suit me, as I'm neither "signing on" (getting money from the government) nor looking for a job at the moment... not that a kept woman suits me either, as I'm the worst housewife there ever was! lol! I recently became out of work, after the shop I worked for for the last three years, got "gently pushed out" by the landlords (they had a big chain wanting to get in).

I've never been to Moscow, but went to St Petersburg... gosh... over 10 years ago! I don't know how it is now... but Russia was a country of such great beauty, and such poverty of the same time. I was stunned by the elaborate and wonderful buildings, and amazed by the friendlyness of all the people. Most we met didn't speak much English, but with handgestures and nods, they were all so welcoming!

Welcome to the forum... I am sure you'll love it here. Everyone is very friendly and nice!

Must dash... I'm boiling water for my pet fish! lol! No... not to boil him! Just to cleanse the water!
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

StitchingAgain, thank you for the warm welcome!
I'm sure that sometimes we need time just to take a deep breath and to turn round and see the life course. You'll find the occupation your liking
:wink:
I've never been to Scotland though have a friend who lives in Cambridge (she is a professor of Russian history) and can't retrospect but thank you for your vivid recollections. Actually life changes so fast that you would have found some changes here, but with English things are the same and it takes a lot of time for me to write something suitable :? :lol:
I am sure I'll love it here and we'll have time and topic to chat
Oh! I guess your water's been cleaned but my imp woke up and I need to go
See you,
Tesha
Dickinson E.
razzamatazz

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi Tesha

Welcome to the forum! having a little imp is a full time job I would think being an editor is easy in comparison :lol:

Maggie 8) xx
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi, Tesha, and welcome.

Well, I'm an editor and also a mother. I know which job is harder! :lol: (And it isn't editing!) I remember my sons as two-year-olds with great fondness. Now they are big teenagers, studying for exams and, of course, creating worries of other sorts. Being a good mother is the hardest job you will ever do. The hours are rotten and no time off for good behaviour! :lol:

What sorts of things do you like to stitch? Be sure to see Natalia's gallery, too.

Pat on the head for Little Imp.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

razzamatazz,
:oops: :lol:
Dickinson E.
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

Serinde, I'm sure you right and I have to thank my lucky stars for every new step, new word or made-up story, inventiveness... But I need some private space to do something for myself, because life seems Marmot's Day. I began stitching and prefer Dimensions kits (very thought-out schemes and bright colours) and Lanarte (delicate, very soft color box and romantic themes)
Obviously, I have already seen Natalia's gallery and have been staned by her self-portrait. I'm far from that ingenuity, but really enjoy the process of stitching and appreciate the result. And what about you? Why don't you show your works? Why just few people have gallery here?
Dickinson E.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Only because I haven't gotten to it yet. :) Soon!
Tesha

Post by Tesha »

I see, but you like hardanger (it's fabulous thing, I dream to try one day :roll: ) and stitch so you should show the world your progress, that would be fairly :P
Dickinson E.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Unfortunately (or perhaps not), I've given away most of my hardanger as gifts. I still have my first sampler, however, which I promise to post in the gallery.
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

Hi tesha! welcome to the forum

I don't have children , but I can imagine all the job you have.

See you!

Regards
tab72

Post by tab72 »

HI tesha,
I also have three boy's 4,8,9 and they are a hand full i'm also a house wife and a volunteer helper at the boy's school, i'm also doing a course at the school as well teaching children to read who are finding it hard. I am also going to do a teaching assistant course after i've finished this one so i'm also very busy, but it's nice at night when there in bed and i can do some of my cross stitch.
Hope you enjoy the forum i do..
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Hi Tesha, welcome to the group. Think you will find us very friendly.