200 or so issues of cross stitch magazine need a new home

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

redzg

200 or so issues of cross stitch magazine need a new home

Post by redzg »

Mom recently passed away, with a rather large (20+ years) collection of cross stich magazine. Hate to simply 'recycle' them, and the library and local used book stores won't take them, so thought if someone here wanted them, they could have them for the price of the mailing. Figuring flat rate or book rate via USPS. Contact through here, or at redzgrider 'at' gmail 'dot' com.
rcperryls

Re: 200 or so issues of cross stitch magazine need a new hom

Post by rcperryls »

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I know how hard it can be deciding what to do with so many of her possessions. Have you thought about donating them to a retirement or nursing home? I'm sure there are many residents who would be interested in having them. Resale shops, like Good Will or Habitat for Humanity Resale stores, are usually glad to have them also. If anyone here is interested, I'm sure they can send you a pm (private message), so keep an eye out for emails notifying you that someone here has been in contact with you.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
sina28

Post by sina28 »

I sent you a PM, relly sorry about your mom's passing.
Sina
redzg

Post by redzg »

See that I have a message - trying to access
sina28

Post by sina28 »

If you can't see the message I could also send you an email.
Sina
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

redzg wrote:See that I have a message - trying to access
To get to your private messages, click on the User Control Panel and then the middle box. When you clicked on the envelope indicating a new message, it should have taken you to the message. I don't think you have to have a certain number of posts for a private message.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

rcperryls wrote:
redzg wrote:See that I have a message - trying to access
To get to your private messages, click on the User Control Panel and then the middle box. When you clicked on the envelope indicating a new message, it should have taken you to the message. I don't think you have to have a certain number of posts for a private message.

Carole
:thinks:
When I joined I could not send a pm. Skitzzzz sent me a pm with her e-mail.
ecology665

Post by ecology665 »

Why don't you create a Etsy.com or Ebay Account. Take pictures of the cover or contents page and sell them? :applesauce:

I buy back issues all the time! :wave:

Don't throw them away, For example: there is a lady looking for the Sailer Teddybear pattern? What if you have it? I was aggressively searching for the 'Pumpkin Patch Pillow' by Donna Giampa Vermillion and I accidentally found it on Amazon. :D I paid $30+dollars for it and was happy as a clam! :dance: