Help to find Pattern

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

jonnygrim

Help to find Pattern

Post by jonnygrim »

Hi,

Hope you can help me, my late grandmother created an embroidery with the attached image. Due to some unforeseen circumstances the piece has been lost/damaged and I need to replace it, it has alot of sentimental value to me.

In the first instance I need to find the pattern and someone that can create it for me, ill do the rest. please can someone help me.

Patter Image:Image

Many Thanks in advance
jonnygrim
rcperryls

Re: Help to find Pattern

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Johnny and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! If that is a pattern that can be found, someone on the forum will either have it, or have an idea about where you can find it. I wasn't sure if the piece is lost or if what you have is damaged and you want it repaired?
Wishing you good luck in your quest!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland. :wave:

At first glance, it looks like a Eva Rosenstand design, perhaps? or Janlynn? I've done some fast googling, but nothing quite like that has presented itself. However, this is a big group, and you never know who might be able to help. Anyway, we rather like mysteries... 8) :lol:
jonnygrim

Post by jonnygrim »

Thanks i'm still searching hoping that eventually it will be found.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am not sure that this was a single pattern. It looks like the work of Stephanie Seabrook Hedgepath. She has done many dog and cat patterns and this looks very much like her style of work. I did a Bing search of her work and I found many patterns but none with all of the dogs in a single booklet.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
jonnygrim

Post by jonnygrim »

Hi,

Just wanted to say a big thankyou for your comments, I haven't found the piece yet, its proving to be difficult to find, hope that someone recognises it soon and directs me to where it can be found.

Many thanks
jonnygrim
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Are you sure it is a single pattern? I thought the same thing Rose did -- that it is a collection of small charts put together to create the bellpull -- but I didn't know what designer it could be so I didn't say anything. There are a lot of "Book of Dogs" type booklets out there that contain several individual patterns that could be combined to create that piece. The difference in size and spacing of the heads suggests that is what someone did. Rose suggested a designer, which would be a good place to start to see if a collection of charts matches your dog heads.

WIP