Stashmas gift thread

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

Re: Stashmas gift thread

Post by Squirrel »

I'm drooling too Rose, so many wonderful gifts. What a lot of fun this is. I will have a really good look at this thread when my eyes are open properly.! :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
cairee

Post by cairee »

I received a lovely hand made card and beaded ornament :wub: , some purple/pink/blue variegated pearl 5 and 8 threads and a piece of 32ct fabric that matches perfectly!
Thank you Karen! :whoop:
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Such wonderful gifts, you have all been spoilt :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

I have had a lovely stashmas gift room my stand in giver. Some lovely fabric, hand dyed threads and a set of froggie accessories; needle minders and fobs etc. I absolutely adore them so thank you for being so thoughtful.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I am an incredibly lucky girl. Carole heard that I would be getting my stashmas gift a wee bit late (which I was totally fine with. Stashmas is Stashmas!), and she was super generous and sent me a second stashmas gift so that I would have something to open on December 1st.

Carole, I still can't believe that I have such amazing friends like you on the forum. Thank you thank you thank you!

Now on to the goodies! I got several packs of DMC 26 needles (my favorite size), some lovely Anchor perle cottons (my first Anchor threads), and some absolutely beautiful Dublin linen (25ct) in one of my favorite neutrals, grey. Actually, I think this may be perfect for a project I've had in mind. In any case, I know I will find a good use for it because it is so versatile and and it's a huge piece! And of course, a lovely card.

Thank you so much Carole. I am over the moon and very spoiled (which is par for the course really because I'm an only child :lol: ).

Happy Stashmas everyone!

**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

What great gifts everyone has received! I hope everyone has opened theirs by now, although I know it's hard to find time to get on here sometimes. :)

I received this bundle from Ravenfaerie!!!

4 Jodyri threads, which I've been dying to try, a really cute Xs and Ohs chart and 2 Mill hill kits! :wub: Not to mention a cute little card that Rose will want. :)

Thank you so much!!
brandilynb

Post by brandilynb »

I love all my beautiful stashmas gifts! :whoop: I think the frog needleminder is my favorite. :ribbit: Image
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Happy Stashmas, everyone!

I'm so glad I got to partake in Statshmas 2014 -- as it is my first Stashmas ever since joining the forum in 2008!

I had a rough day at work today, and it was very nice to come home and find my Stashmas present arrived. I feel bad since Jo went the extra step and got me a 123 stitch voucher when she found out my Stashmas present had not yet arrived. :oops: I really really appreciate all of the trouble she went through to make sure my first Stashmas was a good one. :wub: It wasn't her fault it was caught up in the post, but I am very appreciative that she wanted me to have something on Stashmas.

I'm very lucky and got a very nice present: I received John James petites in size 28 (my favorite!!) as well as Diane Graebner's "Volley Ball at Recess", Sue Hillis' Map of Iowa and a beautiful wolf pattern from Mystic Stitch. I also received a beautifully stitched card with a camel on it! I'm a very lucky (and very happy) girl! Thank you very very much Jocellogirl!
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Sorry for the double posting :oops:

I was putting away all of my goodies when I noticed this on the envelope:

There was also a sticker from the Malaysian post as well. :lol:

I finally figured out how my present went missing -- apparently it went all the way to Taiwan and detoured to Malaysia (or vice versa) before coming to the USA. :thinks: :tizzy:
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

That package went all over the place, didn't it?? Wouldn't you love to know how that happened! What a lovely gift you got! I'm so glad that your first Stashmas was a happy one!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

What lovely goodies everyone's gotten!!! And me too for that matter. In fact I've been doubly spoiled for stashmas...

First up was the package from LD282 (Lisa) ...

Some fabrics of different counts, a few skeins of hand dyed floss, a skein of black anchor floss (which I can't get here) a hand stitched card, and a lovely pair of scissors which is exactly what I need - in fact I was at a quilt store on saturday and was eyeing a pair that looked a lot like that very pair!

And that wasn't all.. in today's mail was a package from Fairy Flossalot! She's been busy it seems!

Loads of pieces of fabric in varying colors. I think I counted a dozen pieces in all! Three different kinds of silks - the colors of the Spiral Dyed skein make me want to swoon, and a hand dyed skein of cotton floss too.

I have been thoroughly spoiled for stashmas! Thank you both of you!! Especially for the fabric - I'm set for ornaments for the next year - maybe two!!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
curly sue

Post by curly sue »

What lovely gifts! We truly have a wonderful group here!
LD282

Post by LD282 »

Wow! What great gifts everyone has received! We've all been incredibly spoilt!! :D

WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Well this is my lovely Stashmas gifts

Some beautiful fabrics, metallic threads, buttons and ribbons and a lovely hand stitched card! Delighted.

Also from Fairy Flossalot...

Ironically I've been looking at the appoloosa chart for years on eBay and liking it but not having got round to buying it, now I don't have to!!! Still can't quite work out why it's an Appoloosa, as the telltale spots aren't in the picture...but it reminds me of my lovely warmmblood Jasper I had.

Loving everyone's gifts, it's been a joy to organise it this year with the redoubtable Carole. We'll do it next year!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Excellent Stashmas presents everyone!

@ Perftangel: thank goodness for that!
Kuschelschaf wrote: I finally figured out how my present went missing -- apparently it went all the way to Taiwan and detoured to Malaysia (or vice versa) before coming to the USA. :thinks: :tizzy:
When I lived in Fife (Scotland), post from the US occasionally ended up being routed via... Fiji. :doh: :lol:
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Kuschelschaf wrote:Sorry for the double posting :oops:

I was putting away all of my goodies when I noticed this on the envelope:

There was also a sticker from the Malaysian post as well. :lol:

I finally figured out how my present went missing -- apparently it went all the way to Taiwan and detoured to Malaysia (or vice versa) before coming to the USA. :thinks: :tizzy:
@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl: Imagine it going all the way to Taiwan and Malaysia!!! It's better travelled than I am! Little did I think when I was posting it would it end up taking the (very) scenic route!! I'm just so pleased it actually got to you and that you're pleased with the contents.

As for my pressie, the lovely Debby sent me this little lot
There is a beautiful hand stitched cardinal mat (I'd love to see one of those in the flesh, they must be stunning little things), some postcards of Colorado, plus a photo of Debby at the zoo (so lovely to put a face to the name :wub: ), a lovely card of Horsetooth Mountain in Fort Collins, a lovely piece of hand dyed fabric, a chart comprising 5 little Lizzie Kate festive designs and not one, but two Mill Hill ornament kits, one being a lovely jolly Santa and the other being a beautiful tasseled ornament that is in my favourite colour combination of purple and green, which I can now take off my Sew and So wish list!!!! We're going to have a very well-dressed tree this year! There is also a lovely Colorado shopping bag which is going to be put to very good use to store the kneeler that I'm about to start stitching for church. Thank you so much, Debby for such wonderful and thoughtful presents :dance: :D
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Happy Stashmas, everyone!!!!

I'm sorry I missed posting yesterday but I've been super busy!

Here's my lovely gift. It was all individually wrapped and it was fun opening one gift at a time! Thank you so much!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
fccs

Post by fccs »

jocellogirl wrote:Thank you so much, Debby for such wonderful and thoughtful presents :dance: :D
You are quite welcome. I'm glad you like your Stashmas gift; I had fun shopping for it and putting it together.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Midge

Post by Midge »

Oh wow such fabulous gifts. All I can say is that you are all very lucky indeed.
So good to see the stashmas spirt is alive and well.
Can't believe that parcel went half way around the world - amazing story isn't it.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

What lovely gifts everyone!!!

I was out on vacation and just opened it... yesterday?

I got a Little House Needleworks pattern with the floss & button to finish it! I also got a great little card and an Awesome ornament!!!! I love everything and I cannot wait to make the peppermint ornament!! Thanks soooooo much! :D