Stashmas: Questions, Concerns and Chatter

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Stashmas: Questions, Concerns and Chatter

Post by rcperryls »

Since we have one thread for sign-ups and one thread for wish lists this thread will be for anything and everything else that is Stashmas Related!
If you have any questions or concerns this is the place to ask them. Also feel free at any time to contact either me or Niki with a pm if you need to. Also remember that we have the Stashmas FAQs thread if you want more general information about our special forum event.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
tiffstitch

Re: Stashmas: Questions, Concerns and Chatter

Post by tiffstitch »

Awesome!! Can I say how happy I am you and Niki are handling this in 2014? :x: it all goes smoothly for you and I'm so happy I can be back on the forum in time. :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

tiffstitch wrote: I'm so happy I can be back on the forum in time. :whoop:
me too! :whoop: :whoop:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

:oops: I have been reading up on the wishlist and I think I may have gotten WAY to specific. Everyone else is very broad and encompassing.

I thought I would be helping whoever got me but now I am thinking I may have limited them. I will have t wait and see who gets me and ask them if they need a different list...... :doh:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Rose wrote::oops: I have been reading up on the wishlist and I think I may have gotten WAY to specific. Everyone else is very broad and encompassing.

I thought I would be helping whoever got me but now I am thinking I may have limited them. I will have t wait and see who gets me and ask them if they need a different list...... :doh:
I think you were fine actually! You gave some general stuff (Aida) and some specifics (patterns) nothing wrong with that, there's still plenty of wiggle room. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

perftangel wrote:
Rose wrote::oops: I have been reading up on the wishlist and I think I may have gotten WAY to specific. Everyone else is very broad and encompassing.

I think you were fine actually! You gave some general stuff (Aida) and some specifics (patterns) nothing wrong with that, there's still plenty of wiggle room. :D
I agree. I was thinking mine is too general

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I say that if you would be happier with something specific, rather than taking the risk that your gifter interprets your list differently, be specific. I would rather buy someone something they are happy with than not.

That being said, I love surprise and my favorite part of this is seeing what someone else would pick out for me. It gives me the chance of getting something unexpected, that I may have never picked out for myself. So I try to stay general. :)
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

I was afraid I was being too choosy myself.. And the funny thing is, I'm not really picky about stitching stuff. I was worried if I posted specifics I'd be too limiting, but I also have a ton of alma Lynn or cricket collection things from my mom.

I guess if anybody is confused or whatever, they can PM me.

I do love surprises, however. It makes it more fun. In the end, it's the thought that counts :)
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
rebeccashelly

Post by rebeccashelly »

Sorry if this question has already been answered! Some people have said 'US/ UK only' when specifying where they want to post, but if the next person down the list is in a different country then who do they post to?

I hope that makes sense! :thinks:
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

I think specifics are a good thing as long as you also have some general stuff. I'm used to participating in swaps with long long surveys before hand - one had a 40+ question questionaire for all participants to answer! Granted, this was for an ongoing 6 month long swap with multiple packages sent so it was a bit different. But specifics let me also see a person's style.. For example if someone mentions a few specific patterns they love, while I might not necessarily get that, I might spot something in a similar style that I think they might like and get that for them instead.

I know my list is pretty detailed and kinda long, but I hope that means whoever gets me feels they have plenty of options to choose from. I tried to list somewhat generic stuff too, and I know I'll be thrilled with whatever I get. Unless it's kittens with bows. I think we've all established that kittens with bows are evil. :lol: :lol: Now if someone can find a way to turn that into snark... I'd love it! But then I'm twisted like that.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
cairee

Post by cairee »

rebeccashelly wrote:Sorry if this question has already been answered! Some people have said 'US/ UK only' when specifying where they want to post, but if the next person down the list is in a different country then who do they post to?

I hope that makes sense! :thinks:

the list you see now is just a list of who signed up. the sending list will be posted after the sign up deadline
so if you specified US only for sending the person below you on the sending list would be in the US
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
rebeccashelly

Post by rebeccashelly »

Oh I see! Thanks for clearing that up!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Getting excited to see who I will be buying for!!!!!!!!! :tizzy: :tizzy:
LD282

Post by LD282 »

Me too! :D :whoop:

WIPs
A Treasured Time
A Kiss For Snowman
Ballet Shoes
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Done!!! Go to what was the sign in sheet and is now the Send Sheet to see whose Wish List you should be checking out!
Remember you have until Oct 7 to get your recipient's address and Nov 8 to send your gift. Stick to the limits please. Post when you mail your package and recieve your package. No peeking! And before anyone asks (and someone will :roll: ) it is midnight December 1 where you live, not Australia if you live in the US or the UK or Europe and not the UK or Europe if you live in the US. I tried for Australia last year but was voted down :oops:

Carole
:whoop:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
cairee

Post by cairee »

YAY!

now to go shopping!!!!!!
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I now have my stashmas-ee's address. On to plotting! 8) :lol:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh I am so excited and I already know exactly what I am going to get for my Stashmas receiver!!!!!!!! :whoop: :whoop:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Me too. I have the address now and can't wait to get started!!
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
rebeccashelly

Post by rebeccashelly »

Thank you Carole and Niki for organising this! I have my sendee's address and can't wait to get shopping!