2014 Christmas Exchange Likes and Dislikes

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LastingAllure

2014 Christmas Exchange Likes and Dislikes

Post by LastingAllure »

This is the area to answer your likes and dislikes for the 2014 Christmas Ornament Exchange. We are doing it like a secret Santa exchange where you won't know who is sending to who. The sign up thread is here: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... 11&t=25749" target="_blank And the deadline for signing up is July 31, 2014

Questions to answer are:

Dislikes:

Colours?:

Extra Info:
LastingAllure

Re: 2014 Christmas Exchange Likes and Dislikes

Post by LastingAllure »

Likes: I love traditional looking items, more antique and heirloom ish. But I also love classic Christmas such as Santa or reindeer or angels with pretty faces. Anything sparkly with possibly beads.

Dislikes: Religious, nativity stuff, anything else I am sure I would love :)

Colours?: I love teal and gold or burgundy and gold.

Extra Info: I am a sucker for Eeyore. I have a huge collection of Eeyore ornaments :oops: also love anything that sparkles.
cairee

Post by cairee »

Likes: sparkles and beads, small ornaments (4 inches and under), 3D ornaments (biscornus, padded, pillow type) chritsmas trees, stockings, snowmen, snowflakes, santas, angels, stars, pretty much all generic christmas themes. elegance over boldness

Dislikes: big gaudy ornaments, licenced characters, pink, orange, yellow

colors: everything but pink, orange and yellow
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Likes: I like more traditional things, LHN ornaments (check out my blog, I have so many), cats, horses, sparkly things, things that are French inspired or Japanese, food (like desserts), beads, music.

Dislikes: Religious, nativity scenes, not a huge Santa fan either

Colours: I love purple, teal, silver and gold, did I mention purple?

Extra Info: Cats, I have a gray & white one and black kitties have a soft spot in my heart :wub: :D
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Since the secret santa bit was my idea, I better post too!

Lets see..

Likes: Elegant, classic, or humorous/witty stuff. Some examples of designers I love.. most LHN, Bothy, Ink Circles, Fab Reilly. Small amounts of bling. Designs inspired by christmas carols - 12 days of christmas and silent night are my 2 favorite carols.

Dislikes: Overly cutesy childish stuff (cute is good, childish is not). Religious themes of any sort.

Colors: I love rich deep colors, jeweltones, subtle color variations. Not a big fan of pure primary colors unless there are more colors thrown into the mix. Don't particularly like pastels on their own, but love a pastel when paired with something bold (pale blue and dark brown for example) I love anything in the range of burgundy to maroon.

Anything else: I'm also a knitter and spinner, and love things that cross over between both crafts. I've got an unhealthy obsession with chocolate and bacon (even better when combined together!) and a fairly warped sense of humor. My blog has pictures of the ornaments I've stitched over the last year (woefully out of date, but I'm working on that over the next few weeks) so will be a great place to see the sort of stuff I like.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
msufly

Post by msufly »

Likes: traditional xmas themes (santa, reindeer, snowmen, trees, etc), fav ornament designers: LHN, CCN, & L*K but I'm open to others

Dislikes: religious themes, biscornu, samplers

Colors: Christmas-y colors
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
shadyglade

Post by shadyglade »

Likes: Penguins, Owls, Cats, or traditional Christmas themes. Religious Christmas things are okay, but no angels with wings (long story). I do a "memory tree" so anything non-Christmas is also okay.

Dislikes: If dark colors they need to be more jewel toned. Not a fan of really primitive/county/rustic/medieval styled patterns or samplers.

Colors: Favorite color is pink, but I love any bright color combinations (pink/orange/lime green is a current favorite). I also like pastels, or bright jewel tones like amethyst and sapphire.

Extra Info: Other interests are reading and jigsaw puzzles. I LOVE Disney, especially princesses (majority of my tree is Disney ornaments). I love fairy tales.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but will come back and edit if I think of something. :D
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Likes-----Bling, sparkles,beads etc , I like the year on the ornie,a little traditional, elegant,
Dislikes--Not a fan of angels. or religious figures or childlike thinks like teddybears, don't care for rustic browns or oranges or rusty colours or pastels

Colours?Rich jewel tones especially purples

Extra Info-- cant think of anything else. but if I do I will add it.
Linda
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Likes: I like traditional Christmas themes - Santa, reindeer, trees, snowmen, nativity, etc.

Dislikes: Disney or other licensed characters

Colours: I enjoy traditional Christmas reds and greens, ice blue, burgundy, cherry red

Extra Info: I would be thrilled with an ornament that had beads and/or metallic threads; I like shaped/stuffed ornaments; the year and initials of stitcher on the ornament would be much appreciated

Linda Rose
Linda
fccs

Post by fccs »

Likes: anything Christmas-y (snowmen, reindeer, bells, religious, Santa, bells - like I said, anything)

Dislikes - can't really think of anything

Additional - something that makes it personal or local from the sender is a plus
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Katiespark

Post by Katiespark »

Likes: Alessandra Adelaide style, snowmen, snowflakes, santas (traditional or cute), reindeer, a little sparkle or bling

Dislikes: religious symbols/figures, most shades of orange, licensed characters, really big ornaments

Colours?: Pretty much whatever!

Extra Info: I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan
Katie
North Carolina, USA

WIPs:
Little Snap Dragon
Sweet Dreams (Anderson) -HAED
Allessandra Adelaide CT13

Recent Finishes
...yeah... about that... :lol:
sami51311