Coaster exchange

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

cross stitch addict

Coaster exchange

Post by cross stitch addict »

I have seen lots of talk about exchanges on the other cross stitch forum I belong to where most of the members are not in the US and they seem to have great success with it and I love the idea. I would love to get something like that started on here as I see there are quite a few more people from the US on here than there is on there and I know it makes it easier on shipping costs to be able to exchange with people in the same country. I am not saying I want to limit it just to the US, but at least to have the option to pair people up with others where the shipping costs are reasonable.

So I saw an exchange being organized for doing a coaster and exchanging them and I just love that idea! I would love to have an exchange like that on here...is anyone else up for it? I have not done it before, but I would be willing to organize it as long as I have help on exactly what to do. I did read a post about how they work in another topic so I have a general idea how to do it, but still might need a little help (unless someone else wants to volunteer to organize it :D ) I wanted to see if there was an interest in this before we get into summer and everyone gets so busy. I did a google search on coasters and there are so many different designs and ideas. If others are interested in this and we can get it going, I am going to say no limit on the the design. It can be any design in the coaster that the person wants.

I hope to get some bites on this as I think it would be fun! :)
Fae - Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Please view my gallery - completed work and WIP

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/funluv ... 20stitches
cairee

Re: Coaster exchange

Post by cairee »

this could be alot of fun. Great idea.
some suggestions, set a sign up deadline and a sending deadline, give lots of time for stitching and finishing between sign up and sending dates
I dont mind helping you set this up, just pm me :D
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
shadyglade

Post by shadyglade »

I've never done a coaster before, but think this would be fun and would totally learn how for a project like this. :dance:
Phynix

Post by Phynix »

I would be up for this but I would need help finding a place to get a coaster.
Phynix,
The Gypsy Tigress
-Willing to trade ATC's with anyone, Please PM me for a list of ones I have to pick from, or to discuss a theme to trade under.