Q snaps or Scroll Frame grime covers

Trade, sell or buy Cross Stitch items or services. Only Subscribers can sell items in this forum.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Fizzbw

Q snaps or Scroll Frame grime covers

Post by Fizzbw »

Hiya,

I've been making these for myself, and recently have had some requests (they go well with the tension clips!) so here they are :)

I make them open ended ( the scroll frame ones) as this means the elastic can be wound or clipped to make it fit a shorter frame. They not only keep your fabric clean, but they act as a very useful pocket for floss etc!

(24" on a 18" frame with a six inch side bar!)

Image[/URL

30" frame.

[url=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/CirrusCreations/media/imagejpg1_zps784807d9.jpg.html]Image

These are the fabric choices I have at the moment, until I can judge demand. Of course smaller covers for the 9" scroll frames will have more choice.

Prices will be - 12" and less £8
13-24" £12
25"+ £14

If you only have one size of frame let me know and I'll make it to measure. They all come with coloured safety pins so they can be easily adjusted to fit.

R&R or Q snap covers also available,
8x8" £7
11x11" £11
17x17" £13

Niki xxxx
Last edited by Fizzbw on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Q snaps or Scroll Frame grime covers

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Very colourful, AND useful!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
azstitcher

Post by azstitcher »

This was my original invention several years ago. They were called "Stitchin' Mittens" and I sold them under my business name Glitter Gulch Needlework to Herrschners, Nordic Needle, Mary Maxim, etc. and also directly to needlework shops. When orders became overwhelming, I sold the manufacturing rights to someone else. After a few months, they dropped the ball and let the market for my "mittens" fade into oblivion. They really are a "must-have" item for anyone who uses scroll bars. Since the design was never patented, I guess you are free to make and sell them and I sincerely wish you much success!
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Azstitcher, I bought some about 5 years ago on ebay, but lately it was hard to find anyone doing them. Q snap covers have been around for years and years, they ar so easy to make if you have a sewing machine it's impossible to patent anything like this. Recently I started to make hoop covers, never seen anyone else doing it and I had to work out what width etc yet it was about three days after I advertised them that someone else was offering them. I figure I don't want to have to make loads anyway and there's enough to go round.

I'd go mad if I saw someone stealing my Needle safe idea though!!!!!

I've improved this drastically now though, no more elastic being wound around, though I still prefer an open ended approach.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Niki, I didn't know you make hoop covers. I have using the plastic No-slip hoop (either by Dritz or Morgan Products - I think I bought it at Hobby Lobby) and it gives me much better tension than my Q-Snaps, which probably just need to be washed and dried in the dishwasher. But I really miss having a cover. Are you still making them or do I need to search on eBay? Let me know because I would like a few and would just as soon get them from you. If I have get a scroll frame and go back to using my stand, you will definitely hear from me.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-GB" target="_blank

I hope that the ebay link to them just so you can see what they are like as I'm having issues with photobucket, I can put pics on here tomorrow though. Don't buy them from ebay!

I'm happy to make it for any size or any thickness :)

Niki xxx

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Will send you a pm probably tomorrow. Love your fabrics.

Carole
:whoop:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker