Announcing Chromatic Alchemy!

Trade, sell or buy Cross Stitch items or services. Only Subscribers can sell items in this forum.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

nachosmiley

Announcing Chromatic Alchemy!

Post by nachosmiley »

Well I finally did it! My business is set up and running and has been trading for just over two weeks now :) At the moment I am only available on Facebook but I am hoping to get a proper website up and running in the summer when I get a few weeks off work (I have bought the domain name already :D) Here is the link to my page for anyone who would like to come and have a look...https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chromati ... e=bookmark

Also if you join the Fun with CrossStitch stash site the prize in the next upcoming competition "Name the Fabric" is going to be one of mine! Again here is the link -https://www.facebook.com/groups/1489906611243873/

I hope you all come and have a peek at my fabrics......I like to think they are not your run of the mill pastel pinks so anyone who wants to see something new and a wee bit different come along and see what you think. Any suggestions or comments are very much appreciated....honesty is always welcome!

Sam
x
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Announcing Chromatic Alchemy!

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

How exciting! Just visited your FB page, and I'm looking forward to the website. Are you building it yourself? I'd be happy to share experiences of site-building if you feel it might be helpful.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: They are gorgeous Sam and good on you for stepping out and setting it all up.

Long may it continue and grow by leaps and bounds too. :lol:
littleturtlegirl

Post by littleturtlegirl »

Congratulations on the new venture!
CeCe

Post by CeCe »

Congratulations!!!

I have a friend who I'm trying to encourage to do her next project on color fabric (instead of ivory). I will definitely direct her to your site.
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Ok then....here's my official stuff!

Hi, My name is Sam and I've been a hopeless fabraholic for quite some time now. One day I thought to myself that I would really like to have a go at dyeing myself....so after much research, umming and ahhing and many a test dye, Chromatic Alchemy was born!
I use only top quality dye and branded fabrics in my dyeing process and although the dyes I use create a covalent (permanent) bond with the fabric I cannot guarantee 100% that they are colourfast as sometimes getting all the loose dye to rinse out is a bit of a challenge...especially on the darker/more vibrant pieces.
I can dye to order any of the fabrics currently in my range but I will also be adding dyed and ready to buy pieces too on a semi-regular basis so look out for those!
Here is an idea of prices for you.

14/16/18cnt Aida / 22cnt Hardanger
10 x 18 - £6.00
18 x 21 - £12.00
21 x 36 - £24.00

28cnt Jobelan / 32cnt Murano (evenweave)
9 x 12 - £3.75
13 x 18 - £7.75
18 x 26 - £14.00
38 x 26 - £30.00

28cnt Cashel / 32cnt Belfast (linen)
9 x 12 - £5.00
13 x 18 - £9.00
18 x 27 - £18.50
36 x 27 - £36.00
Prices do not include postage.

Current Range
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

All pics are clickable and will send you to a bigger picture and the name of the colour is there too!

Any questions/suggestions please don't hesitate to ask :D
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

OMG These are beautiful. Thank you for posting that here. I signed up for the FB group but I know that isn't going to last (not the group, but me in the group since I'm not good with FB). Having looked at your pieces there are two already I am seriously debating. I was thinking of the Blackwork Journey SAL and the beautiful pieces that Tracey (kimkat_tkl) has been working on and one of your fabrics popped at me. The Permanganate for stitching in white. I still want to do a colored variegated thread version but would probably stick with a white background. Too many ideas floating in my head after looking at your fabrics. I know you will be hearing from me soon. Due to shipping costs I will most likely have to plan ahead and order several pieces, right????? :tizzy: :tizzy:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

@rotfl: Carole you are priceless! Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and support it means a lot to me :wub:

Sam
x
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Ok as stated in my range post I also have some pre-dyed pieces that are ready to ship.....here are the pieces I have available right now :)

A blue purple/pink combo on 28cnt jobelan 18 x 26 inches. Closest DMC colours are 3836 and 159. £14.00 plus postage. I am willing to cut this down if someone wants a smaller piece.

ImageImage

A lovely blue blend ice dye on 14cnt aida. 18 x 21 inches. £12.00 plus postage. Closest DMC colours are 3325 and 813.

ImageImage

A pretty in pink with hints of blue ice dye on 14cnt aida. 18 x 21 inches £12.00 plus postage. Closest DMC colours are 153, 3743, 316 and 159. SOLD

ImageImage

A slightly darker pink ice dye on 14cnt aida 10 x 18 inches. £6.00 plus postage. Closest DMC colours are 554, 3733 and 3743.

Ice dye trial 1 on 22cnt hardanger 21 x 15.5 inches. This is a lovely pastel purple colour however there is one dye spot that is easily coverable(shown in the picture) £8.00 plus postage

Bright blue on 28cnt Cashel linen. 9 x 12 inches. £5.00 plus postage. Closest DMC colour is 3845

ImageImage

Ashardalon Breathes on 14cnt aida 18 x 21 inches. Closest DMC are 3834 and 725. £12.00 plus postage.

If anyone is interested in the any of the above pieces just pm me and we will sort something out :)

Sam
x
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King