New Baby Cross Stitch

Trade, sell or buy Cross Stitch items or services. Only Subscribers can sell items in this forum.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

karen66

Re: New Baby Cross Stitch

Post by karen66 »

Hi Julie,I absolutly love the sepia samplers and I also really like the 'coloured'ones too. I have to say that the sepia are more subtle and would be lovely on display even when the babe is alot bigger,whereas I feel that the coloured samplers would unfortunatley find there way into cupboards/drawers :(
Rose

Post by Rose »

I like them both about the same it just depends on the person I would be making it for. They both have a very soft feel to them.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
JuliaM

Post by JuliaM »

tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

JuliaM

Post by JuliaM »

Hi Tiffany. I think you have raised an interesting point about “old and modern at the same time”. Maybe it’s because the sepia tones fit in very well with modern decor; but the romantic treatment of the subject matter, like the first photographs, echoes decades past?
Athalie

Post by Athalie »

I stitched a sepia toned birth sampler for one of my grandsons and everyone who has seen it prefer it to the coloured ones I did for the first two boys. I have a lot of very old sepia photographs of my grandparents and have always loved the tones in them.
JuliaM

Post by JuliaM »

Hi Athalie. Yes I know exactly what you mean about old sepia photos. They have a lovely quality and atmosphere about them.
ayna

Post by ayna »

I've recently finished my first sepia cross stitch - a mother giraffe nuzzling the neck of her baby ( I did it for DH who is also very tall). It looks stunning so the sepia baby ones would be my choice. Mine was also a Vervaco. The only drawback for the stitcher is the similarity of many of the `colours', very easy to make a mistake which can take some time to see and correct.
JuliaM

Post by JuliaM »

Yes Ayna I agree that is one big problem with the subtle shadings: it is just so easy to miss a mistake before it becomes a real pest to correct.
vervaco_lanarte

Post by vervaco_lanarte »

Fun fact about the baby with the teddybears:

While in the design stages, the bears' facial expressions had to be changed when it became apparent that everyone who saw the design felt like the bears were looking a little too threatening, more like zombie bears than cute and fluffy teddybears.

This, of course, lead to a great deal of fun among the designers and the people involved in the production process (i.e. myself included).
JuliaM

Post by JuliaM »

How interesting to hear some of the background to the design. It was certainly worth the effort to get it just right.