Looking for....

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

caroline

Looking for....

Post by caroline »

Hi All,
What a stunning new site. I'm extremely new to stitching. A friend introduced me to it less than a year ago, and I wish I had discovered it years ago. I'm not very confident about it just yet, but the more I do...
I would love to find a chart or kit showing the Legs of Man. Just to be a bit clearer, that's the crest for the Isle of Man. I think it is circular, red and has the three legs on it....I think. I did see a bookmark on e-bay a while back that was exactly what I was looking for, but I was outbid. And have had no luck since.
Well I hope this makes sense
Thanks
Caroline
tab72

Post by tab72 »

Hi try ebay again but look at the one's that have there own stores with cross stitch charts because some if you ask them will try and find your chart for you it's worth ago i've had 1 or 2 which you could not find. I hope you find one soon tracey. :)
catkin

Post by catkin »

Hi Caroline,
:cry: Didn't manage to trackdown you legs but did come accross a shop in the Isle Of Man who may be able to help you. Go to www.thefabriccentre.com. Failing that there are plenty of flag sites with the design so you could always download a picture and have a go at charting it yourself.
Hope I've been of some help.
Joan
jo

mother and baby pattern

Post by jo »

I am looking for the pattern of a mother holding a new born baby up to her face, it is done in what looks like fawn colours. Any help would be grateful, thanks
catkin

Post by catkin »

Hi Jo.
I think what your looking for is a sepia kit. Vervaco do a selection of these which you can view at www.sewandso.co.uk. They don't seem to have a mother and child but do have one 'Father and Child'. If I track a mother one down I'll let you know.
Best of luck Joan
catkin

Post by catkin »

Jo Also check out www.embroiderstitch.com who also have a selection of these kits.
caroline

Post by caroline »

Big thanks to all who have replied. :D :D

I'm still looking, but am more hopeful now. I tried e-bay, and the various websites people suggested, I may have to try to chart it myself. That should be fun!! Oh joy...a new skill!! :shock:

Cheers
Caroline