ISO English/country cottage pattern to finish project

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kermelbar

ISO English/country cottage pattern to finish project

Post by kermelbar »

Hello, all. Long-time cross-stitcher, but this is my first post in this forum.

(Full disclosure: I have posted this request in another cross-stitch forum, but after nearly two weeks, I have no replies, so I'm trying a second forum.)

A couple of months ago, a lady at my parents' church passed away. Her husband gave her cross-stitching and quilting supplies to my mom, and Mom discovered *a lot* of unfinished projects.

There is one project -- an English/country cottage -- for which Mom did not get the pattern. We don't know if it was in a magazine that may have been tossed during the husband's purge, or if the lady lost it over the years.

I've posted a picture of the unfinished project to Instagram. https://instagram.com/p/BYZRWEEjHpu/" target="_blank" target="_blank

I have done a fair amount of searching on Google (including an image search, using a pic of the unfinished project), Etsy, Pinterest and eBay, and I have had no success finding this pattern. The patterns I've found for Marty Bell seem most similar to the style, but I haven't found it in searching Marty Bell's patterns.

Given how I've had no success in an image search, I'm wondering if it might have been in a magazine, rather than a book. But I really have no idea.

I know this is a long shot, but any chance someone here knows -- or has a guess at -- the pattern/designer/publisher? It's OK if you don't know where we could *buy* it right now. We'd just be glad to have information to find it.
Serinde

Re: ISO English/country cottage pattern to finish project

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave:

The photo isn't much to go on, but I totally understand why you'd like to find the design. I don't suppose you -- or your mother -- have any idea which magazines the lady liked to buy or read? I'm presuming you are in North America somewhere, which narrows it down a bit, anyway! :) There might also be a clue in the other designs she left unfinished -- did she favour a particular designer or certain type of project, large or small... that sort of thing.

We've a pretty good record on the CSF for making useful suggestions, so if it can be found, this is a good place to have come to ask. :wip:
wendywombat

Re: ISO English/country cottage pattern to finish project

Post by wendywombat »

welcome from me in SW France :wave:

I've looked that picture and I'm sorry to say that I've never seen it :doh:

As Serinde says, there are a Huge number of Stitch Detectives here and if it can be found it will be here!

One thing did occur to me, perhaps instead of finishing the Cottage, could you find some tree designs and stitch them Around the unfinished piece, thus making a 'Cottage in the Woods'? :idea: