Game Board Patterns

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

dknit

Game Board Patterns

Post by dknit »

Hello,
I am trying to find a Monopoly game board pattern and a pattern for a black work chess board. Thank you!
Donna
DisneyStitcher

Re: Game Board Patterns

Post by DisneyStitcher »

C&L Crafts & Co. put out a booklet of the Monopoly game board a while back - 90s maybe? I found a link for one for sale on pinterest, but I'd bet you could find it on eBay also.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/563864815818122762/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Also, I could swear I saw pics of someone on this forum that did a blackwork chess or checker board - anyone else remember one?

Good Luck! Let us know if you find it.
dknit

Post by dknit »

The one on Etsy was sold :( Thank you for trying.
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Leon Conrad had a great chess board pattern.If you Google Blackwork chess board patterns it will show lots and you could probably design your own.Don't know about monopoly though.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
dknit

Post by dknit »

Thank you! The Leon Conrad one I saw someone stitch is the one I really want to do but I cannot find it anywhere and it's probably out of print. It was called Bessie's Chess Boarde or something similar. I think it was designed after a Queens chess board. But I may have to go with another one. Conrad did beautiful designs.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

How about Papillon's Quaker Gameboard? Their own website doesn't seem to work very well any more, but there is a chart pack available from Sew & So and other places as well. When I bought the chart download years ago (and I still haven't stitched it, even though I got some silks for it especially :oops: ) I wanted it to fit a tray, so I added borders to the sides - and I'd think it could also easily be adapted for games with different numbers of squares. Below is a small pic of the "extension" I did.

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
dknit

Post by dknit »

Thank you. Decision's decisions..... but that's good. More options to think about. I hope you do this since you already have your silks!
stan736

Monopoly Board

Post by stan736 »

I did this back in 1992. Won a 1st prize at a town fair.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Here' a link for another monopoly booklet. On sale on eBay, says it's used in good condition for $6.00. I notice there are several booklets for sale for over $40 - I wouldn't pay that under any circumstances. You can find this fairly easily. Here'e the link :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Counted-Cross-S ... SwbtVZQApL" target="_blank" target="_blank
dknit

Post by dknit »

I can see why you won first prize! Really nice! Yes I'll have to watch that one and keep my eye out for one if it someone else buys. It's crazy what some of them go for. Thank you.