Beatrix Potter Birth Sampler JC204XS

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Bap59

Beatrix Potter Birth Sampler JC204XS

Post by Bap59 »

I am halfway through this cross stitch and have picked it up again after many years. The Symbol chart has fallen to pieces and it is going to be difficult to finish.

If you have a copy of the chart which you are willing to copy and send to me would be delighted. Cost of copying and postage paid for. :roll:
Serinde

Re: Beatrix Potter Birth Sampler JC204XS

Post by Serinde »

Hi Bernadette, and welcome to the forum from the West of Scotland! :wave: I hope someone has this design, but I need to point out that a photocopy would be breaking copyright laws which the forum cannot support.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I think someone else was looking for this one as well. PM Di49 and see if she was able to locate it. You can also contact the publisher/manufacturer and see if they would provide you with the legend. If you gave them pictures of the work already completed and the damaged legend, they would probably believe you. Even if the pattern is out of print, they most probably have archives they can access. Good luck and let us know.
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

This would appear to be a good opportunity to remind people that sending and receiving e-mails of a chart or legend is exactly the same as photo copying therefore is also against the copyright rules.

The rules are there to protect the rights of the designer, without these designers we would not have such a wealth of wonderful stitching designs.

I have the original chart and legend, it is a lovely piece to stitch so I hope that both ladies find a supplier who also maintains the copyright law. Someone on FB was in discussion with me about this chart and they told me that they were having it sent to them by e-mail, I was disgusted with the lack of respect for the designer.

RosemaryH
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I think DisneyStitcher was hoping that the designer or publisher would furnish the chart, so I'd presume that was covered by copyright? :thinks:

Of course if Bap59 still has the dilapidated chart, perhaps by carefully making a working photocopy, which doesn't break copyright, by piecing it together would help? Or, better, by piecing and scanning it, then download onto a computer with something like Goodreader, would at least give a fighting chance of making sense of the symbols? We have threads devoted to which computer program is best for this sort of thing, which a quick search will reveal.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Thanks for having my back Serinde. :wub: