Charles Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

stryker

Charles Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings

Post by stryker »

I have completed all in the NEW DAWN DESIGNS - CHARLES ROSS VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS series but the "Sounds of Christmas" (David) and the "Christmas on the Pond" (Rene). I have been searching for these last two charts for several years and hoping a member has the charts and would be willing to sell. I am also searching for the chart & color legend left over from the kit "Deck the Stalls by Needle Treasures" (Christmas Stocking with horses and dogs). Keeping my :x:

Thank you,
Mendi
CindyW

Re: Charles Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings

Post by CindyW »

I have both designs, and would be willing to lend them to you, but would want them back. I have stitched all of them (finishing Joy of Giving even as I speak), but if more grandbabies come along I'm going to have to start repeating designs! :wink:
WIP
*Babies Won't Keep Sampler (for first grandbaby!)
*Joy of Giving (Charles Ross Christmas stocking)

2018 Completed Projects
*A to Z Wedding Sampler

Always crocheting and sewing!
bbbr

Post by bbbr »

Hi Cindy W! I joined this forum (when my search for other Charles' Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings patterns led me to your post) so I could communicate with you. Many years ago, I completed 7 of these stockings using the Mama, John and Mary patterns. My husband died before I finished our 6th child's, so I created a banner in a similar fashion that simply said EMMANUEL for his place with the stockings. Anyway, now there are spouses and this year we've started adding grandchildren! So I've begun looking for some of the other patterns. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to borrow yours if your offer still stands. I'm new to this so I hope I see your reply and we can work something out. I'm WAAAY late to the game. I had no idea my children would want me to create more of these! Thank you for considering my request! Sincerely, Bonnie
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Sticking my nose in here, but you might want to PM Cindy, too, to let her know you are interested in the designs. :D
bbbr

Post by bbbr »

Hi Serinde! Thank you for you help! I actually tried that first, but as a newbie, I am not allowed to PM yet? By the way, I love your name!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ah, yes. Ten posts. Well, shall I contact Cindy for you?

Re my name, thanks. Pretentious, of course!

Update: I've sent Cindy a PM.
bbbr

Post by bbbr »

Good Morning, Serinde! That would be wonderful, and I see that you have already done so ... so that is wonderful, and thank you! I appreciate your helpfulness and generous spirit. I suppose I didn't see any pretentiousness at all. Simply a name I've never seen before and I wondered at it's pronunciation as well. Am I understanding correctly that you live in Scotland? If that is correct, I don't think I realized this forum had such a broad network ... but I began by confessing I stumbled here in my pursuit of very specific patterns. After I finished the last stocking (mine) in ... maybe 2004? I spent the next decade raising and homeschooling my 6 children after my husband's death - so not a lot of time for needlework! I must be off to help a dear older friend clean her closet since I have a day off. Thank you again for your help!
CindyW

Post by CindyW »

bbbr wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:28 am Hi Cindy W! I joined this forum (when my search for other Charles' Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings patterns led me to your post) so I could communicate with you. Many years ago, I completed 7 of these stockings using the Mama, John and Mary patterns. My husband died before I finished our 6th child's, so I created a banner in a similar fashion that simply said EMMANUEL for his place with the stockings. Anyway, now there are spouses and this year we've started adding grandchildren! So I've begun looking for some of the other patterns. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to borrow yours if your offer still stands. I'm new to this so I hope I see your reply and we can work something out. I'm WAAAY late to the game. I had no idea my children would want me to create more of these! Thank you for considering my request! Sincerely, Bonnie
Hi BBBR!
I'd be happy to lend you patterns, but with grandbabies starting to arrive as well, I'll want them back! I have one out on loan right now, with another stitcher waiting to borrow that one as well. Which ones are you interested in? The ones I have on hand for immediate loan are Papa (Deck the Halls),
Sarah (Joys of Giving), and two by Charles Ross called Holiday Traditions, named Grandpa and Grandma.

Once I've retrieved the other two, I'll happily lend those as well!
Cindy
WIP
*Babies Won't Keep Sampler (for first grandbaby!)
*Joy of Giving (Charles Ross Christmas stocking)

2018 Completed Projects
*A to Z Wedding Sampler

Always crocheting and sewing!
bbbr

Post by bbbr »

Hello, Cindy!
I'm so thrilled to hear from you. I still have Deck the Halls (Papa) pattern, but I would love to borrow your Joys of Giving (Sarah) pattern! Please let me know how you prefer to do this, since this is a first for me. Time frame for loan, manner in which the pattern is loaned, etc. I'll gladly follow your instructions.
Thank you for your quick response,
Bonnie
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

bbbr wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:54 pm Good Morning, Serinde! That would be wonderful, and I see that you have already done so ... so that is wonderful, and thank you! I appreciate your helpfulness and generous spirit. I suppose I didn't see any pretentiousness at all. Simply a name I've never seen before and I wondered at it's pronunciation as well. Am I understanding correctly that you live in Scotland? If that is correct, I don't think I realized this forum had such a broad network ... but I began by confessing I stumbled here in my pursuit of very specific patterns. After I finished the last stocking (mine) in ... maybe 2004? I spent the next decade raising and homeschooling my 6 children after my husband's death - so not a lot of time for needlework! I must be off to help a dear older friend clean her closet since I have a day off. Thank you again for your help!
I'm glad you found us. Yes, the forum has an international reach -- isn't that nice? -- and it was founded and is still HQ'd in the UK. I do, indeed, live in very blustery Scotland. As for my name, I forget that not everyone is a Middle Earth geek. "Serindë" is a Tolkien character who embroiders the history of her people over the ages in Middle Earth. My little attempts don't stack up, hence pretentious -- or at least severe boasting! :lol: Somewhere there's a thread about why people chose their forum names... worth a read if you have time.
Laurieecc

Post by Laurieecc »

Cindy,
I am new to this forum and not sure how to use it. But I also have done several Charles Rosses Victorian stockings. I am looking to borrow “Christmas on the pond” and “sleighbells”. Do you have those to loan? I believe I have all the other ones if you’d like any of mine.
CindyW wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:55 am
bbbr wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:28 am Hi Cindy W! I joined this forum (when my search for other Charles' Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings patterns led me to your post) so I could communicate with you. Many years ago, I completed 7 of these stockings using the Mama, John and Mary patterns. My husband died before I finished our 6th child's, so I created a banner in a similar fashion that simply said EMMANUEL for his place with the stockings. Anyway, now there are spouses and this year we've started adding grandchildren! So I've begun looking for some of the other patterns. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to borrow yours if your offer still stands. I'm new to this so I hope I see your reply and we can work something out. I'm WAAAY late to the game. I had no idea my children would want me to create more of these! Thank you for considering my request! Sincerely, Bonnie
Hi BBBR!
I'd be happy to lend you patterns, but with grandbabies starting to arrive as well, I'll want them back! I have one out on loan right now, with another stitcher waiting to borrow that one as well. Which ones are you interested in? The ones I have on hand for immediate loan are Papa (Deck the Halls),
Sarah (Joys of Giving), and two by Charles Ross called Holiday Traditions, named Grandpa and Grandma.

Cindy
Laurieecc

Post by Laurieecc »

Cindy,
I am new to this forum and not sure how to use it. But I also have done several Charles Rosses Victorian stockings. I am looking to borrow “Christmas on the pond” and “sleighbells”. Do you have those to loan? I believe I have all the other ones if you’d like any of mine.
Laurieecc
quote=CindyW post_id=700035 time=1578711312 user_id=20398]
Hi BBBR!

Cindy
[/quote]
bbbr

Post by bbbr »

Good Afternoon, Cindy W!
Here I am a year+ later! As of today, I will have three more grandbabies since I last communicated with you and a wedding in less than three months so I suppose you will understand why I haven't been doing oodles of needlework. I just came here to check today to see if by some chance you had tried to contact me regarding the loan of any of your patterns. I didn't even remember my username! Let me know if you think there is still a chance I could borrow and return Sounds of Christmas, Christmas on the Pond or whatever the name of the stocking with Sarah is called!

Thank you again for your willingness to help a fellow cross-stitching Grandma out!

Bonnie

Hi Cindy W! I joined this forum (when my search for other Charles' Ross Victorian Christmas Stockings patterns led me to your post) so I could communicate with you. Many years ago, I completed 7 of these stockings using the Mama, John and Mary patterns. My husband died before I finished our 6th child's, so I created a banner in a similar fashion that simply said EMMANUEL for his place with the stockings. Anyway, now there are spouses and this year we've started adding grandchildren! So I've begun looking for some of the other patterns. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to borrow yours if your offer still stands. I'm new to this so I hope I see your reply and we can work something out. I'm WAAAY late to the game. I had no idea my children would want me to create more of these! Thank you for considering my request! Sincerely, Bonnie

Hi BBBR!

Cindy
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Good morning to both bbbr and laurieecc, and how lovely to see you both again.

Cindy W looks in from time to time, but isn't a regular poster on the forum at the moment. I've had a quick look around the innertubes, and found this site that's selling what looks like the things you are after, if you use their search facility and look for Charles Ross.