Charles Ross

Post your wanted list here

Charles Ross

by CindyW » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:38 am

This is a long shot, but I stitched four Charles Ross' Victorian Christmas stockings thirty years ago. As sons-in-law joined the family, I've found and stitched two more of his Victorian Cbristmas stocking designs. I have one more, as well as two Holiday Traditions Christmas stockings. I can find no reference to any more Christmas stocking designs by him. All were published by New Dawn Designs, which seems to have gone out of business, as I can find nothing for them on the internet.

Have any of you found others? I have two step-grandchildren joining the family this year, and anticipate more grandchildren, and want stockings that all have that level of design.

The Victorian Christmas patterns I have are:
    Joys of Giving (Sarah)
    Sounds of Christmas (David)
    Christmas on the Pond (Rene)
    Stockings all Hung (John)
    Visions (Mary)
    Deck the Halls (Papa)
    Christmas Kitchen (Mama)

The Holiday Traditions patterns I have are:
    Time for Sleigh Rides (Grandpa)
    Time for Feasting (Grandma)
WIP
    Bygone Days (Christmas stocking
2017 Completed Projects
    Nostalgic Christmas (Christmas stocking)
    On the Pond (Christmas stocking)
    Nativity (Christmas stocking)
    Winter Sampler
    Welcome Sampler

Re: Charles Ross

by terblewis » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:08 pm

I also did four of the Charles Ross stockings many years ago when my children were young. When my daughter got married, I found one more in the set for my son-in-law. When my son got married and grandchildren started coming, I couldn't find any more. I found several with the Victorian feel in the Donna Kooler stocking collections. They coordinate really well with the Charles Ross stockings. I just recently found there are some others in the Charles Ross collection and am looking for the Sounds of Christmas pattern. If you know of a place where I can get this, I would appreciate the info.
Good luck with your future stockings. I found the Donna Kooler pattern books at craft stores as well as on Amazon.

Re: Charles Ross

by CindyW » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm

I've found two Donna Kooler designs, and I'm about 1/3 of the way through the first one. I agree, they coordinate well with the Charles Ross, although they are far more complex! I only have the two, but I'll look for some more. I'd like to think I'll have lots of grandbabies one day! :wink:

A site I use to find out of print cross stitch patterns is Cross Stitch Stash. http://crossstitchstash.com/Search.aspx?k=charles+ross They show the Sounds of Christmas pattern, but are currently out of stock. Check with them about it and perhaps they have a waiting list.

Good luck!
WIP
    Bygone Days (Christmas stocking
2017 Completed Projects
    Nostalgic Christmas (Christmas stocking)
    On the Pond (Christmas stocking)
    Nativity (Christmas stocking)
    Winter Sampler
    Welcome Sampler