Charles Ross

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

CindyW

Charles Ross

Post by CindyW »

This is a long shot, but I stitched four Charles Ross' Victorian Christmas stockings thirty years ago. As sons-in-law joined the family, I've found and stitched two more of his Victorian Cbristmas stocking designs. I have one more, as well as two Holiday Traditions Christmas stockings. I can find no reference to any more Christmas stocking designs by him. All were published by New Dawn Designs, which seems to have gone out of business, as I can find nothing for them on the internet.

Have any of you found others? I have two step-grandchildren joining the family this year, and anticipate more grandchildren, and want stockings that all have that level of design.

The Victorian Christmas patterns I have are:
  • Joys of Giving (Sarah)
    Sounds of Christmas (David)
    Christmas on the Pond (Rene)
    Stockings all Hung (John)
    Visions (Mary)
    Deck the Halls (Papa)
    Christmas Kitchen (Mama)
The Holiday Traditions patterns I have are:
  • Time for Sleigh Rides (Grandpa)
    Time for Feasting (Grandma)
WIP
*Babies Won't Keep Sampler (for first grandbaby!)
*Joy of Giving (Charles Ross Christmas stocking)

2018 Completed Projects
*A to Z Wedding Sampler

Always crocheting and sewing!
terblewis

Re: Charles Ross

Post by terblewis »

I also did four of the Charles Ross stockings many years ago when my children were young. When my daughter got married, I found one more in the set for my son-in-law. When my son got married and grandchildren started coming, I couldn't find any more. I found several with the Victorian feel in the Donna Kooler stocking collections. They coordinate really well with the Charles Ross stockings. I just recently found there are some others in the Charles Ross collection and am looking for the Sounds of Christmas pattern. If you know of a place where I can get this, I would appreciate the info.
Good luck with your future stockings. I found the Donna Kooler pattern books at craft stores as well as on Amazon.
CindyW

Post by CindyW »

I've found two Donna Kooler designs, and I'm about 1/3 of the way through the first one. I agree, they coordinate well with the Charles Ross, although they are far more complex! I only have the two, but I'll look for some more. I'd like to think I'll have lots of grandbabies one day! :wink:

A site I use to find out of print cross stitch patterns is Cross Stitch Stash. http://crossstitchstash.com/Search.aspx?k=charles+ross" target="_blank They show the Sounds of Christmas pattern, but are currently out of stock. Check with them about it and perhaps they have a waiting list.

Good luck!
WIP
*Babies Won't Keep Sampler (for first grandbaby!)
*Joy of Giving (Charles Ross Christmas stocking)

2018 Completed Projects
*A to Z Wedding Sampler

Always crocheting and sewing!
Laurieecc

Post by Laurieecc »

Hi! I would love to borrow “Christmas on the Pond” and “Sleigh Ride”. I have all the others and am willing to share.
Laurieecc