Pinocchio cross stitch HELP!!!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

efhawks

Pinocchio cross stitch HELP!!!

Post by efhawks »

Okay so today I went back to my Pinocchio wishes upon a star by Thomas Kinkade and I'm looking at the pattern and color chart and it totally in black and white! All the back stitch details are shades of gray and there is no way to tell what is what. See photos below...

I emailed mcg but they have not responded. :tantrum: I was wondering if any of you had done this pattern and would be willing to share your chart with me. I at a loss of what to do! :tizzy:

Thanks Erica
Always keep your words soft and sweet, in case you have to eat them.

If you take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Erica
DisneyStitcher

Re: Pinocchio cross stitch HELP!!!

Post by DisneyStitcher »

That is frustrating! Look in the stitching instructions (you know - the paragraphs of stuff we usually ignore) and see if they have some descriptors for the back stitching. While I haven't done any of the Thomas Kincaid stuff, I have a number of patterns from The Art of Disney from Stoney Creek. The patterns are black and grey like yours appears to be, but the wordy part of the directions will have stuff like "Backstitch Mickey eyes 310" and then go on to have additional colors assigned to specific areas. I always have to go hunting for these instructions and then make my own notes on the legend. Good Luck!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have also had charts over the years with backstitching instructions like DisneyStitcher described. I don't have the chart or instructions, but others have stitched Kincaid Disney paintings though I don't remember seeing a Pinocchio. I hope you find written directions or get a response to your email soon. I'm sure this is frustrating.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

I don't have that one, but could you maybe use the cover picture to help figure it out?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I don't have any of the MCG Disney patterns. But I would suggest what fccs has suggested and try to eyeball the color using the cover photo. Hope you find resolution quickly.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/