Mon Ami Pierre charts

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lgsnyder

Mon Ami Pierre charts

Post by lgsnyder »

Is there a source of Mon Ami Pierre charts? My understanding is that the company/designer quit in 2014. I am specifically looking for
1. C'Etait en Decembre - a beautiful French Christmas sampler
2. French Story From the Past Sampler - a scene with bicycles
3. Un coeur En Hiver - a scene of a boy and girl ice skaters within a heart.
I have searched online but retail sources no longer have them. I am looking for any stitchers who have them in their stash/closet and would be willing to sell them. I am beguiled and enchanted by this designer.
wendywombat

Re: Mon Ami Pierre charts

Post by wendywombat »

I did a 'Google' search and a whole page of stuff came up, but I couldn't find anything that was still available. :doh: :doh:

I can see why you like them!! 8)

Sorry not to be able to help, but the joy of this Forum is that someone here always managed to come up with the goods!!

Welcome from SW France and I hope you can find what you seek. You can always hang out with us for as long as you wish...we don't bite! :wink: :wink:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Like Wendy, I did a google search and do understand why you are looking for these charts. I did see some that were on eBay but have no idea which they are and if they are still available. Someone else may have an idea where to look. I do hope you will stick around whether or not you find them.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
lgsnyder

Post by lgsnyder »

Thank you for the warm welcome and the diligent research. I have been a stitcher for over 40 years but did not have the time while raising 5 daughters and working as a children's librarian. I think my exposure to so many great children's book illustrators is part of what attracts me to the Mon Ami Pierre designs. They have an energy that reminds me of children and I love the color ways. Also I love doing samplers. I retired 2 years ago and I have returned to stitching with a vengeance. When I stumbled upon these designs I was smitten. I am just hoping that they are tucked away in someone's closet and that I will experience a cross stitch miracle!
nikecam

Post by nikecam »

Wow! They are beautiful. If you absolutely can't find them, you may enjoy Drawn Thread patterns. Many of the google images remind me of their style.
April

Nora Corbett Winter Fairy, started Jan 2013
Family Reunion, Rosewood Manor, waiting on fabric
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I just did a search too and came up with casacenina.com - the site mentions Quaker style samplers etc. As a lot of it is in French I am not sure if it is what you are looking for .

https://www.casacenina.com/blog/the-qua ... ierre.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

It may not be of use but worth a try anyway.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lgsnyder

Post by lgsnyder »

So much help from so far away! I did try to purchase the quaker style skater chart from casacenina but when you add it to your cart it is unavailable. I did find one chart on Etsy. It is not one of the 3 I am looking for but I might buy it just to have something. I did note that the instructions are in French but I figure a chart is a chart is a chart - a universal language. Thank you for the input.
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

They are delightful designs. I am sorry the designer is no longer ...well... designing.
I did find some here:
https://it.pinterest.com/riverdrift/a-m ... er-charts/" target="_blank
but I have no idea if any of them are still available.

WIP
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I found this on Ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-MON-AMI-PIERR ... 1788650556" target="_blank

There seem to be several charts there. Maybe there's one you fancy! :x:
lgsnyder

Post by lgsnyder »

Thank you Wendy! Although this is not one of the particular ones I am looking for it is beautiful and available!