Flexi-hoops

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

angela_nz

Flexi-hoops

Post by angela_nz »

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can get Flexi-hoops from. I am struggling to find them here in New Zealand for a reasonable price. I'm willing to import them if necessary. I'm after 3" round or oval in red or green.

Thanks!
Angela
wendywombat

Re: Flexi-hoops

Post by wendywombat »

http://www.sewandso.co.uk/category/accs ... s?TRE00019#" target="_blank
There's a firm called Sew and sew in the UK
I can thoroughly recommend them and they do International postage.
I'm not sure if they'll have 3" flexi frames but they do have 3"x4" ovals.

Hope this helps!
Oh Yes, and Welcome to the Forum!! :D :wave:
I'm in SW France and I rely on Sewand sew for my all STUFF!! :D :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

hello Angela, welcome to the forum. I use flexi-hoops for practically everything, and have a set of twelve in many sizes for classes and workshops, but they aren't always easy to find, especially if you need a particular colour. I like the coloured ones but most shops now do mostly or only the woodgrain-effect ones.

I'm in the UK so can't help with NZ adresses, but my most recent batch of reasonably priced 3" hoops I got from Fabric Guild; woodgrain only, though. I did get lots of red 2-1/2" ones from eBay, and they have 4" ones as well; they were a bit more expensive, and they didn't have 3" ones.

I also got a batch of red 3" ones but I can't for the life of me remember where! Will hunt through my receipts and if I find out I'll let you know.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Have you tried Amazon? A search on Amazon for flexi-hoops showed several different sizes. I would also try 123Stitch which has a variety of hoops (I use a variety of frames and for hoops love the No-slip Hoops by Morgan Products.) They provide excellent customer service and will do what they can to help you find what you are looking for. Also provide international shipping. I hope that you will stay a while with us so we can see what you are going to be stitching in those hoops.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

OK, two of the people I bought them from over the past few years now don't do them anymore :-( but I found red 3" hoops at Sew Essential at a good price - I checked and shipping to NZ for ten of them would be £8.30, plus £10.60 for the hoops themselves. I don't think they do any green hoops.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

Judging by the size and colour you are seeking I assume they are for Christmas ornaments.
I haven't seen flexi hoops for sale for many years.They were very populat here in Oz in the mid nineties..
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

There are quite a few for sale on etsy. Try allaboutcrossstitch or TheFeltFairyUK.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Angela, Firstly Welcome to the forum its great to have you with us.

I rarely buy anything from the UK these days due to the currency exchange rates which are very high, so it would pay to check that out first.

I buy a lot of my stash from 123stitch and a package arrived over the weekend (Sat 10th) from them which I ordered on the 18th Nov which for this time of year is pretty good going.

There was a firm in Auckland I used to buy from and they were quite reasonable - I will see if I can find out its name. Have you checked Spotlight for the frames?

Incidentally where in NZ are you? I am from Christchurch.

PS Just did a Google search under "flexi hoops" and found http://www.craft.com.au" target="_blank who have round and oval frames in 2.5, 3 " etc and some are coloured. Also Google craft4less and see what they have - there are some flexi hoops on there too..
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
angela_nz

Post by angela_nz »

Thankyou everyone off to look x