DMC Kit

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Juner

DMC Kit

Post by Juner »

I have inherited a lot of embroidery threads which are obviously from a kit but there is no chart. I have the fabric and 3 cards of sorted thread all obviously unused and brand new. The thread cards are marked 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 and the codes XC1219A, 1806012. The fabrics is approx 37 X 45cm.
I have contacted DMC UK & USA who can't help.
I have photos of the threads which look like floral colours but who knows.
If anyone has any ideas about how to trace the chart I would be very grateful. Thanks June.
karen4bells

Re: DMC Kit

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum---I'm sorry, but I definitely don't know how to help you with your question. I'd likely try to match the threads you've found to dmc colors and just use them up on various projects
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I agree with Karen that I would either try to match them to DMC (or Anchor) threads that I have or use them in projects that would allow for substitutions. Not knowing what the kit is and who made it makes it very hard to identify. If there is a way, someone here will figure it out (We have several amazing detectives in the forum who are as good as Sherlock Holmes in solving cross stitching mysteries).

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Those are some very thin leads to go on. :( I agree with Karen and Carole. Get a DMC color chart and match the colors as best as you can. That's a nice size piece of fabric. If it were me, I'd match the colors and then open a charting program, use those colors as the palette and tinker with some floral pictures to make your own chart. (Or it doesn't have to be floral. . .I just said floral because you mentioned it.)

And Welcome to the forum. :)

WIP
Juner

Post by Juner »

Thank you for your speedy replies, I can no doubt use the thread and fabric on other projects.
I just thought it would be nice to complete the kit that was chosen by the lady who is sadly no longer around. I hoped to return it to her family or raise some funds for her favourite charity. Planning my own design is a good idea but I'm not sure I'm up to it. Thanks again.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Juner and Welcome from me too. How sad that there is no chart or even a hint of what it might have been of but a great idea to either make your own design up or use it for another chart. Do let us know what you decide. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Juner wrote:Thank you for your speedy replies, I can no doubt use the thread and fabric on other projects.
I just thought it would be nice to complete the kit that was chosen by the lady who is sadly no longer around. I hoped to return it to her family or raise some funds for her favourite charity. Planning my own design is a good idea but I'm not sure I'm up to it. Thanks again.

You can still create something beautiful in honour of that lady and I'm sure that her family would be thrilled with the result! The fact that you want to do something in her memory would please anyone close to her, I'm sure!
You can use the fabric and perhaps stitch a bouquet of flowers with the threads. It can't be impossible to download a free chart and 'wing' it with the colours.
Give it a go! :D
Juner

Post by Juner »

Thanks, I'm busy preparing for my sons wedding at the moment so there's no rush. If anyone else has any bright ideas I'd love to hear from you.