Mickey and the Fireman Cross Stitch Pattern

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

DisneyStitcher

Mickey and the Fireman Cross Stitch Pattern

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Hey All! I am new to message boards so please be kind if I make mistakes. I am desperately looking for a Disney cross stitch pattern called "Mickey Mouse and the Fireman." It was a kit produced by Stoney Brook and sold exclusively in the Disney parks until it was retired in 2007. It is based on a famous print commissioned by Disney after a major fire in California in 1993. It features a fireman in full fire gear bending slightly to shake Mickey's hand. Mickey is in his red pants and black coat. My daughter's fiance's father was a fireman and he passed away recently. His family has had the lithograph/print hung in their house for a number of years and, as you can imagine, the print means quite a bit to his widow and kids. I would like to do the cross stitch version for my daughter and (future) son-in-law for their house. I have been in contact with both Stoney Creek and Disney with no luck and have been monitoring ebay, etsy, etc. Additionally I have been sending emails to stitch shops that handle vintage patterns as I find them online. In my extensive search for this pattern, my daughter has fallen in love with a second pattern (also Stoney Creek, Disney exclusive, retired) that features Cinderella's castle on dk blue aida cloth with fireworks and Tinkerbell in the top right corner. I've tried to post a picture of both but so far can't figure out how to get in into this post. Please, if anyone has a lead on either of these patterns but especially the fireman, pm me.
Serinde

Re: Mickey and the Fireman Cross Stitch Pattern

Post by Serinde »

Hi there, and welcome to the forum. :wave:

I deleted your real-world email address -- we're an open forum (anyone can read), so our policy is not to have personal contacts available. However, members can pm one another from the forum. Hope someone here can help you. (Please keep in mind issues of copyright; you don't want to be messing with Disney.)
rcperryls

Re: Mickey and the Fireman Cross Stitch Pattern

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Wish I could help you with the kits/charts you are looking for. I don't have them, but if they can be found someone on the forum will be able to find them or know some other places you might look. We have some of the best stash/chart/kit detectives to be found in cross stitch world. I hope, if you find them, that you will stay with us so we can follow your progress!

This thread, Posting Pictures into a Thread, should help you figure out how to post a picture.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker