Help! Looking for this pattern.

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

ljdelo

Help! Looking for this pattern.

Post by ljdelo »

I started this 24 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. He was born before I got it finished and then we moved and I lost the pattern. I just found it in a box while cleaning out a closet. I would like to finish it and give it to him for his firstborn (he's not even married yet, so I've got plenty of time :D ). Does any one have this pattern? or since all it needs is backstitching and whatever is hanging from the ark on the left maybe help with finishing it. Thanks!

rcperryls

Re: Help! Looking for this pattern.

Post by rcperryls »

Hello ljdelo and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! What a great idea for a birth sampler that was lost and is now found. I don't have that pattern, but a search on Google Images came up with this oneBay. It is a full kit not just the chart, so it may be more than you are looking for. Hope you find what you need. Looks like the kit was manufactured by Bucilla so you may want to contact them to see if the chart by itself is still available.

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

ljdelo wrote: ...and whatever is hanging from the ark on the left maybe help with finishing it....
It's a rudder and it looks like you have just enough thread there to finish it. :)

I can't help you with the chart, but I've only ever seen that pattern in a kit. Unless someone comes up with the chart only, it looks like Carole has given you your best option.

Other than the rudder, it looks like the only thing missing is the dove at top-center, the elephant eyes and one rosy cheek. Beyond that, it's all backstitching, which you could probably do just looking at the picture.

WIP
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi and Welcome to the forum. I hope you can find the chart as it is a lovely design and beautifully stitched. Bucilla are very helpful I have found in the past so do get in touch with them about the chart.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
ljdelo

Post by ljdelo »

You all are awesome! I can probably finish it by just looking at the picture on eBay, if not I'll call Bucilla. Thank you so much for all your help. I