Calling all Angels!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sahari

Calling all Angels!

Post by Sahari »

For my next project, I want to do an Angels piece to give to the 'Angels' who, graciously and with respect, volunteer their time and expertise to provide health and dental service to those without insurance or means.

So, I am asking for pattern suggestions from all the Stitchers out there. I have, and will continue to look online, but I always have the feeling that there has got to be more than what the Internet shows me.

Can't wait to see 'What'cha got?' (to quote my favorite TV show: The Detectorists).

I'm watching,

Sahari

(P.S. I've posted this in Tips and Tricks too... actually, I posted there by mistake and can't figure how to delete so here I am where I should have been :wub: )
Serinde

Re: Calling all Angels!

Post by Serinde »

What a good idea! The intertubes used to be full of useful (and free) charts, and angels have always been very popular. I'll have a look around. Any particular techniques to avoid?

(And I've deleted the duplicate post!)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I have several books of angel charts, from the humorous to the very detailed. I've given some away, but I'm pretty sure I could find them. What are you looking for. I think your idea is wonderful.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Sahari

Post by Sahari »

Hi Serinde and Carole, thanks and let's see... first of all, (Serinde) techniques to avoid? Whatever I don't know (which is mostly) I'll find a how-to on good ol' YouTube and learn. I've been wanting to learn more anyway. Oh, and thanks for taking care of duplicate post...

And Carole, I would lean more toward detailed, and less toward humorous (hmmm I wonder what that says about me). And more realistic than fantasy. They don't necessarily need wings if they have a glow, or halo about them (for instance).

So glad for your input... :applesauce:

Sahari
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

If you want to pm your address to me, I will see if I have any that aren't of the humorous or "cutesy" designs and be very glad to send them to you. But be warned I am often very tardy in getting things to the post office (except in official exchanges). Karen has been waiting a while for some yarn I said I'd send. :oops:

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Sahari

Post by Sahari »

Ok, here's a link to an angel pattern I'm considering...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/203710616/ ... ch-pattern" target="_blank" target="_blank

It's a powerful image, and not literal at all.

One reviewer mentioned that this piece is computer generated. I'm not sure what that 'means' from a stitching point of view (besides the obvious meaning, of course).

Any other observations, suggestions or input on this choice are welcome! :wave:

Thanks as always,
:love:
Sahari
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Sahari wrote:One reviewer mentioned that this piece is computer generated.
I'm afraid that sometimes it means "rubbish"...
If it was computer-generated with a so-so program and no human input whatsoever, the results can be dire. If it was generated by something like Richard's excellent program and tweaked by hand, the results can be magnificent. It's very hit and miss and unfortunately rather unpredictable.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Sahari

Post by Sahari »

Thanks Mabel. Did you look at the link I included? Thoughts (as in, rubbish category or otherwise?) And, does Richard the Wizard generate patterns for fellow stitchers, by any chance?

Sahari
Mabel Figworthy

The link looked to me like computer-with-no-human-input, but it's difficult to tell from a smallish picture. I don't think Richard does charts for other people (skitzzzz does! See Sales section) but he's always happy to help you work with his (amazingly free) program. Why don't you ask him :-) ? His username here is richardandtracy
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Hi,
I have the chart from a kit for Christmas Angels Bell Pull by Janlynn that I did a long time ago. Some of the threads are there too and the chart is in good shape. It came out really pretty.
https://www.google.com/search?q=christm ... zAA#imgrc=_" target="_blank" target="_blank

I also found a leaflet from Herrshners in my stash.

Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
Sahari

Bell Pull Pattern

Post by Sahari »

That is pretty, Dawn. Thanks for the offer. Where did you get the 'bell pull' hardware? And, how long (if you can recall) did it take you to do? :thinks: ~Sahari
Sahari

Computer generated...

Post by Sahari »

I took your direction, Mabel, and asked Richard and now have the most marvelous program. Now all I have to do is find a good digital camera to borrow so I can shoot an art poster. I found the original art for that angel I linked up above, and I do see what you mean by rubbish! :oops:

:rainbow: Sahari
Mabel Figworthy

Hurray! Looking forward to the result.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
dawn0621

Re: Bell Pull Pattern

Post by dawn0621 »

Sahari wrote:That is pretty, Dawn. Thanks for the offer. Where did you get the 'bell pull' hardware? And, how long (if you can recall) did it take you to do? :thinks: ~Sahari
It was so long ago...I was probably working one project at a time back then so I'd guess it took a few months. The hardware may have come with the kit, but I've seen them online.
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram