New Members Please Read Forum Guidelines

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

New Members Please Read Forum Guidelines

Post by Rose »

I think that we could use a few guidelines for Posting on the forum. I have had to edit a few post lately :neutral: and I really hate doing that as I don't want anyone to think they are doing wrong but somethings just really can not be done.

1) For your own safety---This is a public forum and as such when you post in a thread it can be seen by anyone all over the world. Unfortunately we live in a time where not everyone out there is a nice person so PLEASE do not post your personal e-mail addresses in a thread. You can get a PM or in your profile set up you can have a link to your personal e-mail. This then means that you have to be a member of the forum to access this information. It is a small step and of course not fool proof but it is a step to protect your identity.

2) Please read the copyright rules thread that we have posted in the Wanted Section. This is important information and will save you from making an innocent mistake. Copyright is a very murky business and we don't have all of the answers but this post should answer your basic questions. Please when asking for charts do not use words as copy or share or scan as these post will put not only you in a difficult position but also this board. Please be respectful of the designers rights.

3) Please do not post a picture of a chart in your threads. This is a copyright issue and could put the board in a difficult postion as some could see it as promoting copyright infringements.

4) For new members----if you have a question or a specific request please post it in a thread in the Section that it most fits. Do this once and give us all a day or two to respond. We are always excited to help anyone with any problem. We will do all we can to help you with your quest. Do not post in every section 6 or 7 times. This just tend to annoy the members and will not get you an answer any faster.

If there are other concerns or suggestion please feel free to add tehm or if you want me to add them let me know and I will include them on this post.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Rose

Re: Forum Guidelines

Post by Rose »

Users are allowed, within reason, to let our membership know about their own sites and design efforts. As such, the following information is available for such users.

Users may post a link for their own site in their signature. Please keep this tasteful and within reasonable limits.

Any other posting of self advertising will result in the thread being removed. Frequent violations may result in offenders being warned and the violator being banned from the site.

If you have a website selling items and would like to offer these items for sale, or if you have unused kits, materials or original patterns then these can be sold in the Trade/Sell sub forum. In order to offer items for sale you will need to become a forum supporter and help to support the running costs of the forum. Full details of how to become a supporter are here.

Items must NOT be advertised or offered for sale outside the Trade/Sell forum.
Karirae

Post by Karirae »

Rose~

When you say we cannot post pictures of our charts, does this mean that we can't post a picture of what the stitch is supposed to look like when completed? (The one that comes with the chart or kit)

Thanks!
KariRae
Rose

Post by Rose »

No I mean that you can not post a picture of the actual chart that you work the pattern off of. The finished picture is fine as long as you are very careful with certain charts that may easily be copied.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Let me see if I can explain the boxes as maemae you might be a bit confused about the way a new post is marked.

In the first column there will be a box with a design in it.

1)If the design looks like a basket with needles that means it is a standard post,

2)If the box has an explanation mark in it that means it is a Sticky post and that means it will stay at the beginning of the Section so the information is not lost.

3)If it is a box with a small i in it that means it is an Important Annoucement and will show at the top of ALL Sections.

4)If in the box you see the design and also a button then that means that at some time you posted a response to that thread.

5)If you see the box and also see a little Chili Pepper that means it is a HOT topic, which means there have been many post to this thread.

Next you will see the column with the Heading of the thread, directly in front of the Heading Name if you see a small red box with an arrow in the bottom right corner that means that this thread has a new posting in it. Once you have read that thread.....as long as you go to the last page with posts on it the red box will go away but the first column will still have the other symbols left in it. They will just change colors. I hope this helps.
Rose

Post by Rose »

We welcome all new members to our site and hope we can help you with any question or pattern or stitching that you may need advice with.

We would ask however that you not use our site for "FREE" advertising. If you are here to advertise your website, blog or other online stores. We welcome you to contact our Administrator Alex and talk to him about any ad you would like to run on the site. But if you open a post with the intent of inticing our members to go and buy the post will be deleted and we may decide to ban you. Please come and feel free to join in the fun we have here. You can set-up a signature and add your link there if members then want to visit they will know were to look.

Thank you for reading this post and we hope to see you around and get to know you well. Every member is important!!!!!
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am putting this up for those that do not know.

If you find you can not access the site please remember that we are on Facebook and you can get question ansered there.

There is a quick link at the bottom of the forum but this should work also!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=85381035859" target="_blank
Rose

Re: New Members Please Read Forum Guidelines

Post by Rose »

There have been members that over the years have asked about the Pattern that is in the Forum Header so I thought it would be a good idea to post the information here so it would be easy access.

It is a Permin Kit by the name of Violet Posy
http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemd ... PER-125331" target="_blank
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/Viol ... -5331.aspx" target="_blank
Rose

Post by Rose »

To change the Title of your post:

Click on the original post, you will see buttons at the bottom of the post on the right hand side. Click on the EDIT button. Then when the screen comes up in the Subject line change the title to whatever you want it to say.
Crafty Kitty

Post by Crafty Kitty »

Thanks for accepting me as a member of this forum; giving the rules and regulations as well. Happy stitching everyone!!
4disneypatterns

Re: New Members Please Read Form Guidelines

Post by 4disneypatterns »

:) makes sense
blessedtobehis1

Post by blessedtobehis1 »

Thanks!
Diane1012

Post by Diane1012 »

Thanks
Theresa39

Post by Theresa39 »

Thanks, these guidelines are so helpful.:)
:)
CindyW

Post by CindyW »

Rose wrote:There have been members that over the years have asked about the Pattern that is in the Forum Header so I thought it would be a good idea to post the information here so it would be easy access.

It is a Permin Kit by the name of Violet Posy
But the answer to the Spambot busting question (what color is the flower in the logo) was not violet. :? That was my first attempt at the answer.
WIP
*Babies Won't Keep Sampler (for first grandbaby!)
*Joy of Giving (Charles Ross Christmas stocking)

2018 Completed Projects
*A to Z Wedding Sampler

Always crocheting and sewing!
alica.finsch

Post by alica.finsch »

Great help! Thank you.
Karen-Anne

Post by Karen-Anne »

I have read the guidelines and am in agreement with each issue you covered. Thank you.
katt271

Post by katt271 »

I have read the guidelines and agree wholeheartedly. I do have a question though and hope this is the right place to ask it. How do I get access to the Cross Stitch Forum Facebook page? I keep getting bumped back to the website and am now confused. Thank you.
Artemisia

Post by Artemisia »

I agree to the forum guidelines. :)
Bikerstitchgranny

rules

Post by Bikerstitchgranny »

Totally understand and thanks for the add, I have a query about the Jolly Robin (Bothy Threads) if anyone could help.
I seem to have misplaced a vital piece of paper and don't know what threads I need to stitch the symbol that looks like a "B"!
If anyone has this could they help pretty Please