Hey Ladies I need your help!!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Hey Ladies I need your help!!

Post by Rose »

A friend has asked me to find a pattern of a white cat sitting in a window. This person has a cat and would like a picture of it looking out the window as that is what there cat does all day.
catkin

Post by catkin »

:shock: There are thousands of cat projects out there. I've come upon a couple to start off. www.sewandso.co.uk has white cat 'Majesty' by Vervaco no. 33275. also 'Cat on a Window' no. 34178 This is a black and white cat but you may be able to adapt it.
Also black and white is 'Fabulouse Felines' on the www.salt-and-pepper.com site.
Will keep looking later but must go now as we have to go and renew our visa today. :roll:

Joan
Denise

Post by Denise »

Had a look and a free chart on this website http://crossstitch.about.com/od/freebiescats/index.htm

nothing fancy, quite a simple chart really and it is a black cat but it would be easy enough to change to a white cat...

Had a look and find plenty other colour of cats sitting on a window but not a white cat...typical...will keep looking though

Denise
xx
I've updated my gallery now xxx :-)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thank you ladies I am looking on these sites and a few others I hope to find something they will be happy with.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Denise is right I have found lots of cats in the window but none of them are white. As a matter of fact there are very few pics of white cats. Isn't that strange????!!??
laydenwithstitches

cat in window

Post by laydenwithstitches »

Rose,
Dragon Dreams has a cute white striped cat in the window design that might be adaptable. You can see it here
http://dragondreams.accra.ca/candt.html
Elaine Layden
of
Layden With Stitches

Blog- http://laydenwithstitch.journalspace.com
Denise

Post by Denise »

Have emailed you a white cat, not on a window but is still nice...hope it's of some use

Denise
xx
Rose

Post by Rose »

Ladies

Thanks so much all of the sites have at least on white cat and if not it shouldn't be too hard to change the color.

Gosh it is so nice to have so many helpers when you are looking for something or need some advice.

[size=24][b]THIS SITE IS THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/size]
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I just found www.patternsonline.com and it is great and very reasonable, they had tons of cat patterns, I am not a cat person but I would do one of these. Linda
Linda
Rose

Post by Rose »

Boy I can't believe it I finally found the picture my friend wants and I am trying to get back to the site I found it on but guess what? I don't know what I did but I have delete all of the bookmarks I had for all the differnt patterns I have printed and showen him. Now when I went back to fin the web site and the kit I can't find it could any one help. Since I cant seem to put the picture up here in this post (computer dumb) I have put the image up in my gallery. Ladies please help I am driving myself nuts trying to remember were it was that I found this kit.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Don't panic! Open up your internet software (explorer? safari? whatever it's called). Look in your "history" of your website useage. Click on it (history) and it will (probably) have a drop-down menu showing days of the week or dates of the month. Then have a look through it and see if you can find what you are looking for.
Rose

Post by Rose »

That would have worked very well but my helpful husband went through and deleted all the temp internet files and also did a disk clean and virus scan so pretty much all is gone. If anyone has seen the kit please let me know know I get to go internet fishing again.
Denise

Post by Denise »

www.123stitch.com/dimenskits.html The description is:- Charming Birdwatcher (kit) by Sunset -
A curious cat watches through the window as two golden birds play in this charming Martha Edwards design. Complete kit includes 14 Ct. Ivory Aida, thread palette, needle, and easy instructions. Finished design size is 16" x 14". Item #K13676. Suggested Retail Price is $16.99, Now Only $15.29!

this is the one, hope this helps

Denise
xx
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Rose, I have a computer husband, too, and he's been known to do all manner of unmentionable things to my machine. "It'll only take a few minutes." ought to go on his gravestone... However, he means well.

At least the information for finding lost files is there, if it's any use to anyone later.
Rose

Post by Rose »

THANK YOU that is the one that I need and I have it know so I shouldn't lose it and will order it as soon as I get home tonight. Ladies thank you all for your help, I was not looking forward to a couple hours of searching web sites.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Can i borrow one of your well meaning husbands..... I have no end of computer gremlins, and need to sort them out while the system is still running. I have no clue myself how to do anything :(

Congrats on finding the kit. I am always seeing nice kits at sites and forgetting which one i saw where, so I can sympathsize with y9u.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Can i borrow one of your well meaning husbands
:)
Well, it's a long commute! However, perhaps what this forum needs is a new computer thread, where all the FAQs can be gathered together, and perhaps advice given by those on the forum who know about these things. Would that be the sort of thing a usergroup might be used for?
catkin

Post by catkin »

Thats a great idea. I often ask my computer whiz daughter but she does things so fast I can't keep up and she looses patience with me. I usually end up finding things out for my self but it takes so much time. It took me forever to work out the gallery but i did it in the end.
Joan