wanting big projects

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

wanting big projects

Post by welsh wendy »

Hello from sunny but cold Wales :)

I am looking for a huge project that will keep me going for a long time, I was told of one that measures about 45" but have lost that contact :roll:

Any ideas please. :D
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I don't think I'll have anything that sort of size... but I'll rummage throught my Nightmare Closet to see what I can find. I'll let you know what's there, and if you'd be interested in any of it, I'll be more than willing to send it down to you!
catkin

Post by catkin »

I don't have a large pattern but I do have a challenging one guaranteed to keep you very busy for a long time. I made it for my parents when we first moved to Dubai. It's called 'We wish you a Merry Christmas' by Angela Pullen. Design size on 18 count is 10 x 17. The sample has been stitched on 28 count linen but at that time I was not brave enough to attemp it so did it on Aida.What makes this chart a challenge is the amount of colour changes and blended threads used, however the finished artcle is well worth the effort. It also has beads.
I'll try to put a picture on my gallery. Unfortunately I don't have a pic. of the finished on that I did. I'm hoping to take pics. of some of the gifts I've given when I go back to the UK in the summer. If you ore anyone else is interested in this chart I would be glad to mail it to you.
Joan
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

What sort of design are you interested in? Bellpulls, pictures; florals? Figures? Animals? Buildings?

I just finished a HUGE Gods of Egypt, which took a long time but wasn't very technically challenging. Check out stitchdirect.com (terrible website, but some excellent big designs, mostly by Mary Hickmott). They are also having a sale...
welsh wendy

wanting big projects

Post by welsh wendy »

Hi :lol:

I usually concentrate on doing animals, flowers, houses, landscapes and lately I did a Geisha girl that was challenging as it had petit point, beads and stitches that I had never done before. You can see that one in my gallery.

Since then I have seen various ladys but none have given me the challenge that the Geisha did. Unfortunately in the gallery the picture has not come out very well but I have a film in my camera and will be updating them in a couple of weeks.

an_drea

Post by an_drea »

If I find some big project I 'll tell to you.

Some friend of mine was searching big projects too.

Good luck!!
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Yuck... I've searched the Nightmare Closet... and came up nearly empty handed! There's a large one of Taj Mahal (only light thread on dark fabric), flowers and an Egyption one. There's also two lovely ones with farmyard animals (one with piggies - they're so cute!) who are bigger than what I stitch most of the time. They're all in various magazines. If you'd be interested in any of them, let me know, I can post a piccie for you to see what it would look like (and you could deside), or just send you the mags (free)!
Gingercat

Big Projects

Post by Gingercat »

I like doing big projects. I am doing a Dimensions Gold one- Max in the Adirondacks at the moment. If you look on EBay there are some really detailed charts there or look in Cross Stitch Gold. :wink:
laydenwithstitches

Places to get large projects

Post by laydenwithstitches »

Wendy,
Here are some sites that offer free patterns. Most are large. I hope you can find one that inspires you.

http://mistydreamz.com/freepats.htm

[url]www.freewebs.com/stitchapainting

http://mysticstitch.com/free-designs.aspx (My favourite)

Happy Stitching
[/url]
Elaine Layden
of
Layden With Stitches

Blog- http://laydenwithstitch.journalspace.com
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

WOW Thanks for those websites i love the mystic one they have some many great patterns and the free ones are fantastic. So again thank you for lettings us all learn about those sites

Debbie
welsh wendy

wanting big projects

Post by welsh wendy »

Hi :D

Thanks for the linksI will deffinately be looking into them a bit closer later on today. :lol:
catkin

Post by catkin »

:) Did you ever get the Monarch of the Glen as I remamber you were looking for it?
Had a look at the links I'm amazed that some of those charts are free. The only free ones I manage to find are usually only suitable for cards.
JOan
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Taj Mahal:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/ ... jmahal.jpg
(not capable of scanning straight! lol!)

Frame needed for it would be a 12x16 (finally a stitched peiece that can take standard size frame!). Let me know if you want it, and I'll send the mag down!
catkin

Post by catkin »

:D Very beautiful.
Had to laugh as all my photos are lopsided. My daughter asked if I'd had one too many the day I did my gallery
Joan :D
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

Look here, they always have free, detailed and large charts.
http://www.artecy.com/free.html

I'll check about more sites.
There's also

www.passionericamo.com

These aren't that large, but very nice!

Enjoy!

PD: on the Artecy site, scroll donw to see the freebies.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have always found that the Lavender and Lacy pattern especially the Angel patterns are rather large and take sometime to complete. They are beautiful patterns and have some amazing colors in then.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Wendy: Mag is on it's way! I've been a bit under the weather, so I'm afraid it didn't get sent until yesterday.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Have you tried any of the Paula Vaughan Patterns lots of color and color changes.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Paula Vaughan patterns are wonderful patterns I have done several of her patterns and own about 30 of them including her very first ones. I love her pattterns. They are full of flowers or quilts just loaded with colours so i have to agree with Rose on this one

Debbie
catkin

Post by catkin »

I went to her website www.paulav.com. There are loads or lovely leaflets many gardens and flowers also interesting info about the artist. Really worth a look.
Joan