Art of Disney

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: Art of Disney

Post by Serinde »

I have no idea if Disney does freebies, but naturally you'll not want to be breaking the laws on copyright... Read this whole thread for reasons why. 8)
DisneyStitcher

Re: Art of Disney

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Hey, I realize it's been a few years, but maybe you're still checking this. I, also, love the Art of Disney kits and had been looking for Mickey and the Fireman for over a year. (Long story but short of it is my daughter is marrying into a firefighter's family and the darn kit was retired back in 2007). You can still buy Mickey and Minnie Wedding, Puppy Love, and Self Portrait at the parks. They won't show up online, you'll need to download the Disney Parks app for your smart phone and then use the in-park shopping feature. You can order directly from the parks. The wedding is item #400156183358 and is $50 as of June 2017. I think all the rest have been retired, some, like Mickey Salutes America and the one with Mickey and Walt walking up to the castle pop up on ebay quite frequently. Do an advanced search on ebay and look at what the kits have sold for in the past. Some sellers are asking ridiculous prices because they are rare. BUT - some are much rarer than others. After looking for over a year for the Fireman one, I found a seller on ebay, dfrey324, that had a lot of these kits. She had the fireman listed as sold so I contacted her and YEAH she had one. It arrived in perfect condition and she was wonderful to work with. If you're still looking for these kits you could give her a try.